426 Steering Stabilizer

7 replies to this topic
  • q1445

Posted October 08, 2009 - 10:17 PM

Looking for a used stabilizer set up that fits a 02 426. If you have one laying around or know someone who's got one let me know. Cant fork out $600 for a new set up but can spend a couple hundred.

• pablo83

Posted October 13, 2009 - 05:12 PM

I have a GPR on my 426. Finding a stabilizer used for the 426 will be difficult. I'd suggest finding one used and then buying the mounting kit for your bike new.

• byggd

Posted October 14, 2009 - 06:13 AM

Go with the Scott’s with sub mount. Unless things have changed Scott’s is the ONLY one that only dampens away from center. You won’t regret it!

• pablo83

Posted October 14, 2009 - 10:58 AM

I got my GPR stabilizer used. Then I bought the sub mount kit for $150 direct from GPR. My bike had a billet top clamp on it (I don't know what brand), but the guys at GPR said if I mailed it to them they would either find a mount kit that fit it or they would plug and re-drill the holes to fit. When I got it back, instead of re-drilling the holes they sent me a brand new top clamp for no extra charge :bonk: The new clamp is a D1H. The mounting holes measure 1.565" x 3.930" center to center.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pablo83

Posted October 14, 2009 - 11:02 AM

Go with the Scott’s with sub mount. Unless things have changed Scott’s is the ONLY one the only dampens away from center. You won’t regret it!

You've got a typo in there, can you clarify that statement?

• byggd

Posted October 14, 2009 - 03:47 PM

You've got a typo in there, can you clarify that statement?

Sorry...

Unless things have changed Scott’s is the ONLY one that [COLOR="Red"]only[/COLOR] dampens away from center.

• bigdrtrdr

Posted October 14, 2009 - 07:53 PM

Go with the Scott’s with sub mount. Unless things have changed Scott’s is the ONLY one that only dampens away from center. You won’t regret it!

Maybe you could dig up my old post on doing a scotts sub mount with the stock tripple clamps.
I still run it!

Eric

• pablo83

Posted October 14, 2009 - 08:29 PM

Maybe you could dig up my old post on doing a scotts sub mount with the stock tripple clamps.
I still run it!

Eric

http://www.thumperta...2534&highlight=

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.