JS's bike for the US Open

40 replies to this topic
  • capdoogie

Posted October 09, 2009 - 12:40 PM

It still looks like he is running 403/404 bridgies, even tho his stickers are dunlop.

• rickallen124

Posted October 09, 2009 - 12:56 PM

Akrapovic was willing to spend the money to be Yamaha's exhaust supplier/sponsor when white brothers went out of business. Akrapovic wanted to get more of the U.S. marketshare so they jumped at the chance to sponsor one of the factory teams. What the factory teams run depends largely on who will pay them the most to run/advertise their stuff. Dubach can build it, gytr pipes, for less than akrapovic giving gytr more margin. Factory Yamaha has never run the same pipe as the gytr is.

• DPW

Posted October 10, 2009 - 01:39 PM

pay attention at :52 mark..wow

• 642MX

Posted October 10, 2009 - 03:46 PM

pay attention at :52 mark..wow

Unreal! I wonder if anybody else tried it?....

• grunkthump

Posted October 10, 2009 - 05:28 PM

NOPE...he was the ONLY guy to do that...unreal.

• husqy360

Posted October 10, 2009 - 09:59 PM

look like that was is first try. :bonk:

• NortonMoto

Posted October 10, 2009 - 11:11 PM

Do you have more video?

• IMCanadian

Posted October 11, 2009 - 06:42 PM

Rockstar Energy Drink US Open 2009_Stewart Press Conf

It seems like one of the reporters is on the Rockstar payroll. Can't believe that he uses his question period to give James a blast about moving the drinks. I can see Rockstar getting ticked since they are sponsoring the event..but whats the big deal to the reporter.....Too funny.

• DPW

Posted October 11, 2009 - 06:45 PM

Do you have more video?

you asked, a bunch>>> http://www.youtube.c...4CA03B64&page=1

• js7_yama

Posted October 11, 2009 - 09:52 PM

lol...more '10 stuff

http://www.vitalmx.c...F,20962/GuyB,64

Posted Image

MX51's eh! :bonk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Wiz636

Posted October 12, 2009 - 08:17 AM

Rockstar Energy Drink US Open 2009_Stewart Press Conf

It seems like one of the reporters is on the Rockstar payroll. Can't believe that he uses his question period to give James a blast about moving the drinks. I can see Rockstar getting ticked since they are sponsoring the event..but whats the big deal to the reporter.....Too funny.

Ha ha...what a putz that so called 'reporter' was. JS handled it pretty well.

• DPW

Posted October 12, 2009 - 09:20 AM

need wallpaper ??

hi-res of JS's bike>> http://images.yamaha...12171754296.jpg

in action>>> http://images.yamaha...12171303390.jpg

• RJB

Posted October 13, 2009 - 04:22 AM

Yep Bridgestone did a press release a few months ago that after the 2009 MX season they were pulling there racing program. I wonder who is going to fill the void Dunlop can't provide all the teams.

Dunlop could do. Just look at MotoGP. Bridgestone all tied up with that (probably why they dropped MX & SX). Guess the crotch rockets are better business for them. Maybe Pirelli will step up. They supply the EU Yamaha stock treads and I like :bonk: .

• grayracer513

Posted October 13, 2009 - 06:35 AM

Dunlop could do. Just look at MotoGP. Bridgestone all tied up with that (probably why they dropped MX & SX). Guess the crotch rockets are better business for them. Maybe Pirelli will step up. They supply the EU Yamaha stock treads and I like :bonk: .

Bridgestone, Dunlop, and others are also large in F1 racing (talk about expensive), and many other areas of motorsport.

• RJB

Posted October 13, 2009 - 07:00 AM

Bridgestone, Dunlop, and others are also large in F1 racing (talk about expensive), and many other areas of motorsport.

Yeah, MotoGP has gone to a single manufacturer and Bridgestone it is. Given the money required to support this, you can bet that's the only focus they want. Wonder what it has done to their sales for street tires :bonk:

• Aka.Goose

Posted October 13, 2009 - 10:28 AM

I did not see the need for extra air either gray.
I wonder if the 2 tiny parachutes on either side needed a little venting to help when airborne.

You probably have something there...Less drag...a ridiculously small amount, but still...
Maybe also for times like tight slow turns when the air isn't being "rammed" into the airbox from the bike movement?

• Sider_steve

Posted October 13, 2009 - 10:39 AM

You probably have something there...Less drag...a ridiculously small amount, but still...
Maybe also for times like tight slow turns when the air isn't being "rammed" into the airbox from the bike movement?

I think outdoors on a windy day it could effect it more so than say riding on an indoor track with no air movement.
Good point on the slow turns,but it still should be able to draw enough air from the front side.
Also it may help keep the air filter cleaner.Dirt and dust coming in when the bike is at speed would be more likely to flow past the air intakes on the air box.

• grayracer513

Posted October 13, 2009 - 11:42 AM

You guys are delirious if you think that the air inlets on the shrouds have any practical or significant effect on aerodynamics. Just my opinion.

• Wiz636

Posted October 13, 2009 - 12:18 PM

You guys are delirious if you think that the air inlets on the shrouds have any practical or significant effect on aerodynamics. Just my opinion.

Yeah, but combine that with a 3-5 gram reduction in the valve spring retainers and look out! :bonk:

• grayracer513

Posted October 13, 2009 - 02:38 PM

Don't forget the .2 ounce lighter chain. :bonk:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.