lol...more '10 stuff

http://www.vitalmx.c...F,20962/GuyB,64

Posted Image

• Slinkyman16

Posted October 08, 2009 - 06:45 PM

wow.. when did they switch to dunlops?

• Slinkyman16

Posted October 08, 2009 - 06:50 PM

scratch that.. bridgestone scrapped the rider support program this year.. forgot about that..

• grayracer513

Posted October 08, 2009 - 07:27 PM

There was some discussion about Stewart's tires before. The team has used Bridgestones for a long time. Bridgestone dropped out, did they?

• FinchFan194

Posted October 08, 2009 - 07:44 PM

Yep Bridgestone did a press release a few months ago that after the 2009 MX season they were pulling there racing program. I wonder who is going to fill the void Dunlop can't provide all the teams.

• grayracer513

Posted October 08, 2009 - 08:09 PM

I wonder who is going to fill the void Dunlop can't provide all the teams.

Why do you think that? I don't see Dunlop having the least difficulty handling that.

• FinchFan194

Posted October 08, 2009 - 08:15 PM

I dunno monopoly? I wasn't saying literally they couldn't handle it, it just might be spendy for them. IDK. I am sure Michelin will be on a team or two and maybe Pirelli. I guess to me it will be interesting to see if another brand steps up since Bridgestone is gone.

We will see at the US Open I guess.

• grayracer513

Posted October 08, 2009 - 08:24 PM

I dunno monopoly? I wasn't saying literally they couldn't handle it, it just might be spendy for them.

You might have something there. Budget constraints could leave some teams actually buying tires. Maybe they'll be given deep discounts on stuff we can't get.

• FinchFan194

Posted October 08, 2009 - 08:27 PM

Who knows it is definately going to be an interesting season. Who woulda thought that a Pro MX/SX team would go without a tire sponsor.

• harrperf

Posted October 08, 2009 - 08:36 PM

pirelli is trying to fill the void.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Sider_steve

Posted October 08, 2009 - 09:03 PM

Any thoughts on the slots in the rad shroud/air intakes?

• Doctor D

Posted October 08, 2009 - 09:42 PM

More air. Just like he had last year with the "traditional" air box with that huge cutout/mesh.

I have to say, if/when I get a Yamaha, it will have an Akropovic exhaust. They're beauties and from what I saw in a RacerX article, a first-class company that was hand-picked by Yamaha.

• Slinkyman16

Posted October 09, 2009 - 05:37 AM

More air. Just like he had last year with the "traditional" air box with that huge cutout/mesh.

I have to say, if/when I get a Yamaha, it will have an Akropovic exhaust. They're beauties and from what I saw in a RacerX article, a first-class company that was hand-picked by Yamaha.

much agreed.. only wish i had 1200 bucks to drop on an exhaust tho..

• grayracer513

Posted October 09, 2009 - 06:16 AM

Since either side of the unmodified stock air inlets is more than twice the size of the throttle bore, I don't see the need or the benefit, but as long as they don't become a path for mud/water/sand to get directly at the filter, they won't hurt anything, either.

• Wiz636

Posted October 09, 2009 - 06:38 AM

It seems to me that Dubach works more closely with Yamaha.

• Z O SICK

Posted October 09, 2009 - 07:47 AM

I agree the GYTR (aka Dubach) muffler is just that. I give Yami props for doing things the way they did with their aftermarket stuff.

• Sider_steve

Posted October 09, 2009 - 08:33 AM

Since either side of the unmodified stock air inlets is more than twice the size of the throttle bore, I don't see the need or the benefit, but as long as they don't become a path for mud/water/sand to get directly at the filter, they won't hurt anything, either.

I did not see the need for extra air either gray.
I wonder if the 2 tiny parachutes on either side needed a little venting to help when airborne.

• ProMed

Posted October 09, 2009 - 09:49 AM

I agree the GYTR (aka Dubach) muffler is just that. I give Yami props for doing things the way they did with their aftermarket stuff.

Doesn't Dubach have another separate 2010 exhaust that he is releasing soon?

• cowboyona426

Posted October 09, 2009 - 10:45 AM

Doesn't Dubach have another separate 2010 exhaust that he is releasing soon?

Yes, his own DRD version which is slightly different than the GYT-R one.

• Doctor D

Posted October 09, 2009 - 12:14 PM

True, since Dubach is their cheif test rider (from what I understand). That does raise the question, but I wouldn't know the specifics of their choice.

As for the air intake, I highly doubt the modification of the factory team means ANYTHING about the performance of the bike in stock condition. Can't wait for the official tests and ride reports....

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.