Radiator Supports for WR450

8 replies to this topic
  • Fast Freddie

Posted April 13, 2003 - 08:45 PM

Anyone know where I can get the aftermarket RAD supports for the WR450? I have read the stock ones are too weak and need to be re-inforced.

Any other suggestions of toys I should buy?

• IceBox

Posted April 14, 2003 - 03:21 AM

Flatlandsracing.com makes a set that are just a tad thicker than the Devols. They also have the backside bracket built into the guard as opposed to have a seperate bracket on the back that bolts on. I haven't gotten mine yet but that was the reason I chose the Flatlands over Devols.

www.flatlandsracing.com
www.devolracing.com

• BEAN329

Posted April 14, 2003 - 04:41 PM

I put a set of Rad supports on from Works Connection. They fit very well. I have only ridden once since I put them on, So far so good.

• Jonesy920

Posted April 14, 2003 - 05:13 PM

Zip ty racing has a nice brace also.. I went with the devols because the Flatland weren't out yet... I had to modify them to get them to work :) I'm sure the flatlands bolt right up.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted April 14, 2003 - 07:55 PM

I run the Devol rad guards with modified Works connection braces. The standard works connection design by itself is useless. The Devol guards are great for front impact protection but are weak to side impact. I mount the works connection brace to the devol guard by drilling some holes and placing 2 bolts on each side of the Devol units. This way I have nothing touching the radiator and good clearance all around with a very stiff box section. Combined they work better then anything I can find on the market. This set up creates a rigid box around the entire radiator. PM me with email address if any one wants pictures and details. :)

• edareus

Posted April 15, 2003 - 03:02 AM

Try Flatland racing, I have a set on my YZ and they fit great. They are thicker than most that I have seen and bolted right up. Don't know if they make them for the 450 yet though. :)

• Lon13

Posted April 15, 2003 - 05:07 AM

I just got a set of flatlands. Good people. Guards fit perfect, are very solid. :)

• Indy_WR450

Posted April 15, 2003 - 09:39 AM

Devols guarding goes lower on the rad to cover rocks hitting up from lower angles deflected by the front wheel.

• ThumperWR450F

Posted April 15, 2003 - 10:08 AM

i have the flatland racing rad guards on my bike. they fit great. all you have to do is trim the plastic ribs on your tank shroud. very easy to install and fit great.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.