04 yz cdi swap

3 replies to this topic
  • Timm

Posted October 08, 2009 - 07:19 AM

don't do this very often but i did search and could not find my answer.I'm thinking about swaping an 04 yz450 cdi to my o5 yz450.Is this a drop in or do I have change the harness thanks timm

• CanadianWR450

Posted October 08, 2009 - 03:10 PM

Just because I don't know and curious as to the benefits....
What is the difference between a comparable year YZ CDI, and a WR CDI?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Timm

Posted October 09, 2009 - 05:42 AM

this is the way i understand it the 04 yz had a different power band mapping in the cdi.The 05yz cdi was changed to be smoother but not better.I ran across a post the other day about this and could not find it again.I have the chance to pick up an 04 cdi and thought i might stick it in to see what kind of difference their was.Who knows i might like it.If i'm wrong I'm sure someone will let me know. timm

• CanadianWR450

Posted October 09, 2009 - 08:28 AM

Ooop's...
When I first read your post, I read it as "I want to swap a 04 YZ 450 CDI into my 05 WR 450"....

Afraid I don't have your answer, but you might want to try this in the YZ forum?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.