Short rider

2 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 15, 2000 - 05:36 PM

I am a 5'4" female rider who has problems with the height of my YZ426. Any suggestions for lowering the suspension without sacrificing? So far I've had the seat shaved 1.5". I have heard you can lower the front forks about another half inch. Is there anything else I can do?

Also, I'm in California so I need a spark arrestor on my pipe. Any suggestions there? And what kind of power gain or loss am I looking at?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chris_in_the_Mojave

Posted May 15, 2000 - 09:09 PM

Can't help on the suspension but check the Archives this has been talked bout quite abit before.

As far as a sparky, I run an FMF Power Core IV SA. It's as loud but I think it's one of the best for racing desert or MX. If you're trail riding and looking for more help on the low end, the White Bros. E-series are nice pipes as well.

What kind of riding do you do?

------------------
Chris in the Mojave
'98 YZ400F

• alexjoz

Posted May 16, 2000 - 06:16 PM

Check out http://www.bmp.motox.org/ , for a spark arrestor kit that utilizes your stock silencer body. It looks good and retails for $129.

As far as your vertically challenged position on the YZ426 goes, There are several suggestions scattered about this site. Softer springs,carving up your seat foam (as you've done),sliding up your fork tubes, playing with spring preload, adding a kickstand for starting,etc.

Good Luck!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.