Need help choosing handlebars, please!

4 replies to this topic
  • flyingboy

Posted March 30, 2001 - 05:57 PM

Ok, I'm ready to ditch the stock bars already. I'm 6'3" on a 2001 WR426. I need advice from all the tall guys out there about which style bars you like the best, in the woods and on the MX track.
I've been through several catalogs and the choices seem endless. Scotts, Protapers without the crossbar, Renthal. I know I'll probably need a new triple clamp too.

• BULLDOG

Posted March 30, 2001 - 07:00 PM

Take a look at the Applied Racing Wrap Oversize triple clamp and Pro taper CR-high bend bars. Lots o'room. Easy trans from sitting to standing.

------------------
It's your world, I just play in it!

'00WR, WB E-Series S-Bend w/7 discs, Stock header, throttle stop trimmed, airbox cover removed. Stock jetting. 4500ft.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamahalic

Posted March 31, 2001 - 04:42 AM

Renthal Jimmy Buttons are supposed to be higher than the CR high bend and you don't have to buy triple clamps.

• Bryan Bosch

Posted March 31, 2001 - 05:51 AM

Glad I went with Pro-Tapers and a 2000 YZF top clamp. The Clamp is 10mm farther forward that the stock WR and the Pro-Taper mounting system raised the bars almost an inch upward. In addition, the bars are quite a bit more upwright than stock. Also, not having a crossbar is nice and clean. Really opens up the bike. You can't go wrong here.

[This message has been edited by Bryan Bosch (edited 03-31-2001).]

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted March 31, 2001 - 09:28 PM

do a search on my name - you'll find plenty of info on bars/triple clamps/bar mounts.

Brian

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.