03' WR450 problem after cutting throttle block

7 replies to this topic
  • major payne

Posted April 13, 2003 - 02:46 PM

I have a new WR450 which I just cut down the throttle block. It gave me more throttle, but now when I reach the top end the bike flattens out or falls on its face. Is it a jetting problem or something else? please help

• tk421

Posted April 13, 2003 - 05:07 PM

major,

It's unlikely the jetting would be the problem. Throttle position sensor must now be checked IMO. :)

If not that, disconnect the gray wire.

Good luck.

• major payne

Posted April 13, 2003 - 05:52 PM

Thank you Tk421. i disconnected the gray wire but its still the same. As far as the throttle position sensor im not sure what you mean by IMO?

• tk421

Posted April 13, 2003 - 06:14 PM

major,

The TPS sensor is in my opinion your problem (IMO).

It is adjustable and can be set up with a Torx wrench and a digital volt/ohm meter.

Check the owner’s manual for the correct ohm readings. There will be two: One for throttle closed and one for wide-open throttle.

Good luck.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MxnDoc

Posted April 13, 2003 - 06:14 PM

He means "In My Opinion" = IMO :D :D :) :D :D

• The_Blue_One

Posted April 13, 2003 - 07:20 PM

What is your jetting?Is it stock :D ? My bike barely ran with the stock jetting and felt weak up top.I tried utvols(sp) jetting recomendations and it has worked out well.

Let us know what your elavation and other area info is.

:)

• major payne

Posted April 14, 2003 - 04:27 AM

The Blue One,
Thank you for your input. my jetting is stock, however i am unable to find utvols(sp) jet recomendations. Do you happen to know what the are? :)

• The_Blue_One

Posted April 14, 2003 - 05:47 AM

Here is a link http://www.thumperta...true#Post462207

It got my bike real close.Have you done any of the free mods to your bike?Are you running the baffle or no baffle?Give some more info on your area and bike.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.