pilot screw adjustment

1 reply to this topic
  • ThumperWR450F

Posted April 13, 2003 - 06:31 AM

how do you know when your pilot screw is adjusted correctly?i saw a post before about it but when i did a search i didn't find what i was looking for so i decided to post about it again. i have a 165 mj 48 pj 72 sj i didn't touch the needle. i am at 2 turns out right now. i blip the throttle and it revs high than goes down to a steady idle. does not drop to a bogging idle. so am i good ? seems to be ok to me but i figured a second or third oppinion would ease my conscience.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted April 13, 2003 - 05:10 PM

Between 1 and 3 turns is the normal range. You will have to change your pilot jet if you exceed this range. Somone posted a chart for fuel screw position and pilot jet relationship. If it works well at 2 turns I think you are OK. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.