When will yamaha fix the flywheel issue?

6 replies to this topic
  • live_to_ride

Posted April 12, 2003 - 06:41 PM

I have a wr 450 on the way, and it is supposed to arrive some time in may. Does anyone know if it will still need the crank and flywheel lapped and glued? I am hoping that yamaha has enough decency to stop shipping broken bikes. :D

Chris :)

• sabooo

Posted April 13, 2003 - 02:04 AM

If the bike is fixed from the factory, there will be a small 'punch mark' in the frame just in front of the VIN on the steering head. If there is no punch mark, you'll need to have the m2003-007 work done (lap & loc-tite.)

Cheers,
Sabooo

• r1superstar

Posted April 14, 2003 - 03:28 AM

Chris,

Where and how much did you pay?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • live_to_ride

Posted April 14, 2003 - 07:54 AM

5850 out the door at e-lee yamaha. They seem like nice folks. :) :D

Chris :D

• endurodog

Posted April 14, 2003 - 07:56 AM

Damn they gave you a lower price than me, mine was $5995, there.

• TonyRomero

Posted April 14, 2003 - 08:44 AM

So have there been any failures on bikes that have been "fixed" at the factory? And is the factory fix any better than the one that is performed at the dealer?

• live_to_ride

Posted April 14, 2003 - 12:54 PM

I always beat up on sales poeple. If they won't give a little, they usually don't get my business. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.