07 wr450 wont start unless on reserve

3 replies to this topic
  • thatraptorguy

Posted October 04, 2009 - 07:10 PM

i just picked up a 07 wr450 and it will only start on reserve:bonk: ????yes i have had the gas tank full when doing this and it still wont start unless on reserve....but when im riding and turn the gas to the regular on position itll ride good until full throttle then itll fall on its face like crazy....whats my prob??

• Krannie McKranface

Posted October 04, 2009 - 07:17 PM

You have a clogged gas tank filter screen or a bad tank petcock.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dat141

Posted October 04, 2009 - 07:20 PM

Probably just need to pull the fuel tap out of the tank and give it a good clean, it's most likely blocked or partially blocked in the pickup for the fuel 'on' position. Give the tank a good clean out as well.

• thatraptorguy

Posted October 04, 2009 - 08:08 PM

alright i will try this guys thanks for the help

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.