doing a top end in my 07..

9 replies to this topic
  • Slinkyman16

Posted October 04, 2009 - 02:16 PM

getting the parts together to do my top end..

just orderd my je 13.5.1 and cosmetic gasket kit..
now im wondering what i should do with my timing chain.. what is everyone running?

i have about 100+ hours.. on my 07.. bought new in feb of 07.. first time im diving into the motor..

• yamaha_4_eva

Posted October 04, 2009 - 02:23 PM

IMO you should replace the timing chain with an oem one. they stretch and wear out like a regular chain. so you wouldnt wanna put all this money into it and have that snap on first start. and they arent expensive about $20\

there is also videos of procedures on changing it and then timing the bike again but good luck:thumbsup: :busted: :banana:

HERES a place to buy http://www.hondaeast...1-p6302706.html

• Family Man

Posted October 04, 2009 - 10:38 PM

Let us know if you have to use race gas with that piston.

• Slinkyman16

Posted October 05, 2009 - 08:46 AM

im gunna run a 50/50 mix.. i know some people who use 91 pump but i really dont want to risk it..

• Slinkyman16

Posted October 08, 2009 - 08:12 AM

here is a stupid ? when changing out the timing chain.. do u have to split the cases? someone i know that is yamaha certified said that was the only way to go?...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Family Man

Posted October 08, 2009 - 08:19 AM

nope.

• grayracer513

Posted October 08, 2009 - 09:09 AM

here is a stupid ? when changing out the timing chain.. do u have to split the cases? someone i know that is yamaha certified said that was the only way to go?...

It looks stupider when you don't spell out "you" or "question". It also makes it harder to read when one has to decipher it into English. :busted:

No. The cases don't need to be split. Read this post, but remember it was written for a pre-'06 model, so you can ignore the part about removing the stator plate:

http://www.thumperta...405#post3150405

• Slinkyman16

Posted October 08, 2009 - 05:26 PM

It looks stupider when you don't spell out "you" or "question". It also makes it harder to read when one has to decipher it into English. :busted:

No. The cases don't need to be split. Read this post, but remember it was written for a pre-'06 model, so you can ignore the part about removing the stator plate:

http://www.thumperta...405#post3150405

o holy hell.. since when was it mandatory to have correct english or grammer on a internet fourm?..

at least u can understand what the hell im talkin about..

• husqy360

Posted October 08, 2009 - 06:14 PM

o holy hell.. since when was it mandatory to have correct english or grammer on a internet fourm?.. :banana:

:banana: :busted:

• grayracer513

Posted October 08, 2009 - 07:22 PM

o holy hell.. since when was it mandatory to have correct english or grammer on a internet fourm?..

If you expect the courtesy of the help and advice of others, it often helps to have the courtesy to make your questions understandable without it being a lot of work on the part of the reader. We are trying to communicate in writing regarding technical matters here, not passing text messages in class. It also gives people to make assumptions regarding your intelligence which are probably not true, and creates the impression of laziness.

But it is a bit discourteous to point it out, I suppose, and for that, I apologize.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.