Reserve Fuel Range...

4 replies to this topic
  • panaman

Posted October 04, 2009 - 08:20 AM

My bike is pretty stock.... I did the JD kit and AIS removal and thats it...

Yesterday I went riding with a friend at wayne national forest........ at about 41 miles I ran out of gas.... kinda scared me because we were pretty far out....... anyway.... i put it on reserve and we made it back to the camp grounds....

are milage was 51 miles..... I opened the gas tank and put a flash light in it... there was still some gas in the bottom of the tank..... by the amount that I saw.. i was thinking maybe another 10 - miles.....

So basically it seems like the reserve is about 1/3 of the fuel capacity... does this seem acurate to you?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted October 04, 2009 - 12:08 PM

For me it's 40-45 miles to reserve. 15 miles of reserve, max

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tribalbc

Posted October 04, 2009 - 03:57 PM

My bike is pretty stock.... I did the JD kit and AIS removal and thats it...

Yesterday I went riding with a friend at wayne national forest........ at about 41 miles I ran out of gas.... kinda scared me because we were pretty far out....... anyway.... i put it on reserve and we made it back to the camp grounds....

are milage was 51 miles..... I opened the gas tank and put a flash light in it... there was still some gas in the bottom of the tank..... by the amount that I saw.. i was thinking maybe another 10 - miles.....

So basically it seems like the reserve is about 1/3 of the fuel capacity... does this seem acurate to you?

I only had my stock tank for one season. But 10-15 miles seems about max for reserve that I can remember.
I've never truly run out though You need to carry a little gas with you and ride untill reserve runs out. Then you'll really know :busted:

• weathergeek

Posted October 04, 2009 - 04:26 PM

Remember, though depending on how hard you ride, that could vary considerably. Don't run it that close unless you have to.

• YamaLink

Posted October 04, 2009 - 04:42 PM

When I hit reserve I'm in the go-slow-get-home mode....I know it's good for about 10 miles before I get up close and personal with a tow strap.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.