03 wr450 starter problem

2 replies to this topic
  • Dennis S

Posted October 04, 2009 - 08:18 AM

Hi, I'm looking for some trouble shooting help. I have a 03 wr450 and the starter doesn't engage the motor. The starter spins like it should. I haven't pulled the bike apart yet to check the internal guts. The only thing that I can tell that might fail is the starter clutch. Would this be correct? Could it be the woodruff key? Any help would be great. thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jim-in-so-ore

Posted October 04, 2009 - 09:01 AM

Quite possibly the starter clutch. If the bike starts with the kicker then it's NOT the woodruff key. Never had any trouble with my 03 and mine was the first (and still is)WR 450 on Thumpertalk.
Jim

• Dennis S

Posted October 04, 2009 - 09:14 AM

Ya no problem kick starting. I tried to get info from local Yamaha shop, no luck there. A guy on ebay has on for $80. I want to make sure that is the problem before buying it. Thanks for the reply.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.