frame change or not

i have 2003 YZ450F i ride desert and am going to race D37 scrambles in 2010 would it be worth it to change to a 2006+ frame not sure it would make that much difference since i run a desert tank

alot of people talk about getting a 2006+ YZ for the light weight frame will this help me or just change my CG on a bike i am already use to riding

Too much stuff to change over. You would be better off selling the 03 and buying a 06+. The newer bikes are not any lighter because of the aluminum frame. They just handle better because of the more centralized and lower center of gravity.

Too much stuff to change over. You would be better off selling the 03 and buying a 06+. The newer bikes are not any lighter because of the aluminum frame. They just handle better because of the more centralized and lower center of gravity.

i will not be selling the '03 for awhile, is still in new shape(guy hurt himself after buying it new and doing sup. race tec forks and feal rear shock and spring, des tank, sdg seat and break away levers) when i got it the bike had very little boot wear on the frame

so when i wear it out i'll get a 2006+ then

The frame can be swapped, but it's not exactly a straight up, bolt together operation. Your current tank, seat, air box, and none of your current plastics will fit, either.

One of the biggest technical problems concerns where to put the oil. The '06 frame has no oil tank in it, which means a fabricated external tank or a wet sump conversion, which is out of the question for a desert bike.