Footpegs

4 replies to this topic
  • speedracerlb

Posted October 03, 2009 - 06:38 PM

OK. Bought an 09 wr450. Does anyone know it you can cut the nipples off of the bottom of the pegs and swap the springs, like on the older wr's. IM 6' 7" and need a little more room. Thanks in advance

• JDLowrance

Posted October 03, 2009 - 11:19 PM

You can but....you will have to buy some 90deg countersink bolts and a 90deg csk tool, remove the stock lower peg mount bolts (requires a torx bit) and countersink the footpeg bracket deep enough to facilitate the bolts.

Pro Moto Billet sell the bolts cut to length for $10. They also sell pre countersunk footpeg brackets for use with their footpegs in the lowboy position. Kind of pricey at $60 but if you're not comfortable machining bits of your bike might be the way to go.

I've got the F6 pegs in lowboy config and love them. Did all of the work myself so didn't cost any extra.

John

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tribalbc

Posted October 04, 2009 - 06:58 AM

If you don't care about your kickstand you can put a YZ peg mount on your left side and then flip your peg mounts upside down. This will put you a little back and lower. If I remember right I had to grind a little corner down on the inside of the peg so it would't hang up on one of the peg mount bolts.

Test with your stock right side peg to see what you think.

• speedracerlb

Posted October 04, 2009 - 08:07 PM

If you don't care about your kickstand you can put a YZ peg mount on your left side and then flip your peg mounts upside down. This will put you a little back and lower. If I remember right I had to grind a little corner down on the inside of the peg so it would't hang up on one of the peg mount bolts.

Test with your stock right side peg to see what you think.

On the older models, if you took off the stock pegs, cut off the metal (for a better lack of a better word) "nipple" on the bottom of the pegs and put them back together but with the nipple on top and switch the pegs springs you were able to drop the pegs down and back approx 1/2" or better. I just looked at the one's on my 09 and they appear to be the same as the older models.

• Parx_400

Posted October 05, 2009 - 05:39 AM

On the newer bikes isn't there a lower bracket you can buy?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.