426 flywheel weight

3 replies to this topic
  • Harry_in_Oz

Posted April 30, 2000 - 08:23 PM

OK guys I have been checking archives etc. I am left with a couple of questions. It seems that there is room for a weight INSIDE the existing flywheel on the YZ426;
1) is this correct?
2)does this mean that there is room for a bush type weight (A piece of pipe)inside the lip or a hollow disk (like a big washer)?
3) are any weights suitable for the YZ426 available in Australia or do I have to macine one?
4) Is the 10 oz. the choice for the YZ426?
Regards, Harry

• Matt_Porritt

Posted May 01, 2000 - 12:51 AM

OK guys I have been checking archives etc. I am left with a couple of questions. It seems that there is room for a weight INSIDE the existing flywheel on the YZ426;
1) is this correct?
2)does this mean that there is room for a bush type weight (A piece of pipe)inside the lip or a hollow disk (like a big washer)?
3) are any weights suitable for the YZ426 available in Australia or do I have to macine one?
4) Is the 10 oz. the choice for the YZ426?

1) Yes there is enough room to mount a weight on the inside.
2) A big washer type weight is what you need.
3) You can machine one or contact Phil Tomlin as he'll deff have something or contact Ballards.
4) It depends on what you want to do with it.
If I remember correctly the 99 YZ had about 18 oz less flywheel than the WR.. the 426 has a lighter flywheel than the 400 so I'd say if you're trail riding it then go for a 10-12oz maybe even a 14?

------------------
--
**Ride it like you Stole it!**
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F
Rubber Chicken Racing

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Harry_in_Oz

Posted May 01, 2000 - 05:06 AM

Thanks Matt, how are you healing? I'm starting to catch up on some fitness, my pelvis seems to have settled down and my riding is improving. I'm hoping to be riding well by the Queens birthday weekend for the Sidetracks Subs ride, I figure that I'll be able to catch up with many of the DSMRa people there. Nindigully is on that weekend, Its my ambition to be fit enough to race there next year. I wonder if they will have an over 50s class. Don't tell my wife.

• Matt_Porritt

Posted May 01, 2000 - 02:21 PM

Thanks Matt, how are you healing? I'm starting to catch up on some fitness, my pelvis seems to have settled down and my riding is improving. I'm hoping to be riding well by the Queens birthday weekend for the Sidetracks Subs ride, I figure that I'll be able to catch up with many of the DSMRa people there. Nindigully is on that weekend, Its my ambition to be fit enough to race there next year. I wonder if they will have an over 50s class. Don't tell my wife.

I'm healing OK...
Going to be another 4-8 weeks thoug before I can attemp to ride a bike :)
Back/hip is holding up ok (touch wood)
I'm aiming for 110% fitness for the Aust 4 Day Enduro in Feb.

------------------
--
**Ride it like you Stole it!**
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F
Rubber Chicken Racing

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.