Hot Start Plunger Loose?

4 replies to this topic
  • SCRC John

Posted October 01, 2009 - 07:08 PM

The threads on my hot start plunger are virtually gone. If this is loose or out completely will this effect the way the motor runs?

FYI I have a 2004 WR450F

• Daaaan

Posted October 01, 2009 - 10:52 PM

I have a somewhat similar problem...my hot-start plunger won't stay pullled unless i keep it with my hand. It's a bitch to start when the engine is cold, but after that i don't need it any more, so... :busted:

It doesn't come out by itself when the engine is runnig though, so it is not a problem for me...don't know if you have the same issue

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted October 02, 2009 - 01:39 AM

I assume when you say the plunger you really mean the threaded cap the cable goes in to that you thread into the carb. If so, the plastic ones threads are easy to cross, bugger up and trash. I install an alloy one as soon as I get a new bike. Otherwise, you will want to have a few of the plastic ones on hand in your jetting box.

• Daaaan

Posted October 02, 2009 - 01:49 AM

I assume when you say the plunger you really mean the threaded cap the cable goes in to that you thread into the carb. If so, the plastic ones threads are easy to cross, bugger up and trash. I install an alloy one as soon as I get a new bike. Otherwise, you will want to have a few of the plastic ones on hand in your jetting box.

i'm sorry, i thought he was referring to the hot-start knob/plunger. my bad.

• Andrejs2112

Posted October 02, 2009 - 03:45 AM

Mine is junk too. I can't start my 2003 WR450F now. I'm not sure if it's the problem or not. I took the cable off and removed the spring from the plunger. I then inserted the plunger in the shaft to keep air out. Still isn't starting. I'm going to order a nice metal one. Pro circuit or zip ty.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.