Cleaning an IMS tank...yellowing.

5 replies to this topic
  • BigBelly

Posted October 01, 2009 - 09:56 AM

I've got an '07 WR with an IMS tank. I love this tank but noticed it is slightly yellowing a bit, primarily around the gas cap. My bike is always stored indoors and is always clean, like new clean. Does anyone know of a good cleaner that will help keep this tank from yellowing?

• Wrfrk

Posted October 01, 2009 - 10:51 AM

there is really not much you can do about the yellowing, but there is one trick I found that helps.
Go to your local grocery store and in the cleaning isle, look for the Mr.Clean magic cleaning pads. They actually do a pretty good job of cleaning all the dirt out and pulling some of the yellow out of the plastic. If you do this frequently it can prevent further discoloring. I use one after I wash my bike which is normally after most rides, depending on how dirty it gets.

• wondermuscle

Posted October 01, 2009 - 12:16 PM

Soft Scrub, takes most of it away with lots of scrubbing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BigBelly

Posted October 01, 2009 - 01:20 PM

Cool, I have soft scrub and those Mr. Clean magic erasers. Those things rock on my boat upholstery.

Thanks for the help.

• Dube2

Posted October 02, 2009 - 01:34 PM

the main reason I got the blue tanks on both my bikes. The tank on my 05 is three years old and still blue.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted October 02, 2009 - 04:00 PM

When the IMS tank on my 08 finally "yellows" I will be dyeing it black :busted:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.