Canadian exhaust eh

8 replies to this topic
  • John_in_Calgary

Posted March 30, 2001 - 03:55 PM

I was wondering if anyone has tryed to uncork the pipe & if it is worth a try . I know the best answer is after market , but all I would like is an improvement over stock.Im not sure were the best place to cut it open etc. Thanks in advance . John :)

• trailguy

Posted March 30, 2001 - 04:08 PM

I just got a Canook system from my Buddy, and did some experimenting with it. I cut it off 3/4" past were it turns to 4" and built a 4" aluminum can the same length and put the US spark arrestor in it. Loud, very loud! Looks cool, breathes great, but noisy. We dont want to piss off the granola crunchers any more than they are, so be a good guy and go out and buy a pipe, or get a US exhaust from someone, and put in a Vortip in it, then go out and have some fun. Later on, Bobcatslim..........

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted March 30, 2001 - 04:16 PM

John, I have a Canadian WR426F eh, The pipe that comes with the bike is complete trash!!! It wouldnt be so bad if it were a spark arrestor but its not, I have replace it with a Pro-Curcuit T4 and the thing just rips!!!! I would'nt waste any time trying to modify the piece of metal, it's not worth your time (or mine). Dont tell anyone on this site that you've upgraded your exhaust sys. They will ruin you!! Trust me. :)Dan

• higgy426

Posted March 30, 2001 - 06:35 PM

John

as Dan knows I have a stock U.S. 426 exhaust and am willing to sell cheap.
let me know if your interested.

mike

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • olson_jr

Posted March 31, 2001 - 06:50 AM

Is the a stock WR or YZ 426 muffler?

• John_in_Calgary

Posted March 31, 2001 - 07:21 AM

Hi mike,Im interested for sure.Let me know what u want for it .I can send u a money order in U.S. funds or whatever u would like to do.Please email me jdeweerd@telusplanet.net Thanks John

• higgy426

Posted April 01, 2001 - 01:41 PM

John

I emailed you let me know if you received.

mike

• John_in_Calgary

Posted April 02, 2001 - 09:25 PM

Hi mike I recieved your email.I dont really know what to offer you either.A buddy bought a used after market pipe here and payed $140 ,how does $50 U.S. Plus shipping sound.Let me know what you think. Thanks John

• John_in_Calgary

Posted April 03, 2001 - 06:14 AM

Hi mike maybe I"ll just wait for one to show up around here.Thanks anyways John

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.