2010 YZ450 @ Budds creek

20 replies to this topic
  • TTR72

Posted September 30, 2009 - 06:04 AM

Yamaha unveils their latest masterpiece with the 2010 Yamaha YZ450F at Budds Creek. Check out all the new features of this revolutionary dirt bike.

2010 Yamaha YZ450F Intro - Budds Creek:
http://www.motoxposu...o/yamaha450.htm

• sic

Posted September 30, 2009 - 06:30 AM

Yamaha unveils their latest masterpiece with the 2010 Yamaha YZ450F at Budds Creek. Check out all the new features of this revolutionary dirt bike.

2010 Yamaha YZ450F Intro - Budds Creek:
http://www.motoxposu...o/yamaha450.htm

at 5:30 into this movie there is a great explanation of how to perform the normal maintenance: air filter & sub-frame removal. nice !!

sic...

• pinkston

Posted September 30, 2009 - 07:33 AM

bike looks sick.. i use be able to get the old yamaha for 5500 NEW i called to check what i could get one of these for and 8k was the price lol .... i wish i could get one at discount..

• erickdj

Posted September 30, 2009 - 08:25 AM

Nice video. Pretty interesting that the testing guy had already been testing the prototype as early as 3 years ago, seems that yamaha really did their homework on this bike.

• Thumper38

Posted September 30, 2009 - 08:47 AM

Excellent video! Its nice to see more info avalible everyday!

• grayracer513

Posted September 30, 2009 - 09:44 AM

Pretty interesting that the testing guy had already been testing the prototype as early as 3 years ago, ...

That, for those who imagine these things spring to life overnight. The entire cycle from concept to date has probably been 5-6 years.

By now, I'll bet they already know all about how much heat the pipe will throw off, wouldn't you think? :busted:

• Ga426owner

Posted September 30, 2009 - 12:48 PM

YAMI definitely did their homework on this bike. Tested since 2007 I think they know every nuiance to this thing by 2010. DRD has had lots of time to test the aftermkt pipe also.
What a breeze to work on it huh? I like the exhaust out of the rear...no more rock dinged headers, the air filter up front and esay to replace and what a breeze to remove the rear end/subframe with no more stinkin rubber boot :busted: :banana: :banana:
I want one now!

• Wiz636

Posted September 30, 2009 - 01:15 PM

I think this will be a sweet bike...but I'm not sure why they keep saying how slick the air filter changing process is. Looks like a total PITA to me. Won't keep me from buying one in a year or two though!

• trueweb

Posted September 30, 2009 - 01:56 PM

I think this will be a sweet bike...but I'm not sure why they keep saying how slick the air filter changing process is. Looks like a total PITA to me. Won't keep me from buying one in a year or two though!

I initially thought the same thing. The old bike was just the two seat bolts and and wingnut to get the filter out. Of course the filter was set down in the subframe and airbox.

The new bike makes it a few more steps to get to the air filter, but that flat filter with the cage on top sure did look easier to clean and replace once you got to it.

Removing the subframe is a pretty cool trick without the airbox to worry about.

• grayracer513

Posted September 30, 2009 - 03:55 PM

[QUOTE=Wiz636;8657086... I'm not sure why they keep saying how slick the air filter changing process is. Looks like a total PITA to me. [/QUOTE]4 bolts instead of two..:busted:

Pretty doggone simple considering where it is. But it will be very interesting to see what IMS does with the tank. :banana:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ProjectDIRT

Posted September 30, 2009 - 05:03 PM

seeing the bike in person and touching it and shit makes you appreciate it way more/ and sitting on it at the sand sport show haha. they where so damn pissed. was it funny. i had too though. once you guys see it all you can say is wow.

• Ga426owner

Posted September 30, 2009 - 05:03 PM

GreyRacer what do think....will it make old farts like us faster or just make MX easier?:busted:

• CaptainKnobby

Posted September 30, 2009 - 06:07 PM

That, for those who imagine these things spring to life overnight. The entire cycle from concept to date has probably been 5-6 years.

By now, I'll bet they already know all about how much heat the pipe will throw off, wouldn't you think? :busted:

To think.......They was studying and devloping this bike since 06 when I bought my 06 450f. Almost like when the military was devloping the stealth bomber back in the early 70's and then realsed in the first gulf war.

Makes you think what they have in store for 2014.

• grayracer513

Posted September 30, 2009 - 07:45 PM

GreyRacer what do think....will it make old farts like us faster or just make MX easier?:busted:

The '06 made me faster, and let me ride farther. When Dave Johnson and I redid my suspension, that made faster, and let me ride farther. By the sound of this....it just might.

• Drfletcherdc

Posted October 01, 2009 - 10:23 AM

I think it is amazing that there weren't more pictures of it before it came out other than the internet drawing.

• grayracer513

Posted October 01, 2009 - 01:50 PM

I think it is amazing that there weren't more pictures of it before it came out other than the internet drawing.

How many advanced pictures were there of the '06?

Development on the YZ400 began around 1992, and that was an almost total surprise in spite of the fact that the AMA knew about it before it's prototype appearance in '97.

There was no hint of the YZ250F, and Dr. D was riding that in plain sight of God and everybody in 2000.

• tk1

Posted October 01, 2009 - 04:48 PM

Good vid. I still like the white the best.

So its MSRP is just shy of $600 more than the '09 (or $8k). The '09 CR was right at 8k also. No pricing for '10 CR available yet. So the Yamaha is price competitive already, comparatively speaking.

• DPW

Posted October 01, 2009 - 06:13 PM

posted?? http://www.motoxposu...eo/tywozyam.htm

• TTR72

Posted October 16, 2009 - 09:13 AM

I tested it and i like it!
Ty Wozney
www.tylerwozney.com

• AZcrRider

Posted October 16, 2009 - 05:40 PM

I tested it and i like it!
Ty Wozney
www.tylerwozney.com

Thanks for the detailed information...but seeing you go fast doesn't tell us a whole lot. How would you compare it to an '09? I think most people that are considering buying this machine want a comparison to the previous year machine.
Have you ridden an '09 and how did it feel different?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.