Pro Tapers on WR450?

5 replies to this topic
  • sabooo

Posted April 11, 2003 - 09:35 AM

If anyone is using pro-tapers on a WR450, did you need to replace the entire top clamp or would the universal thingies work? From quick inspection i'm suspecting a top clamp replacement to be required, but want to make sure before I spend $ i dont have to. :)

Thanks in advance!
Sabooo

• geo199

Posted April 11, 2003 - 09:58 AM

i replaced the top clamp so i could use my scotts damper and pro tapers.the adaptors looked to me to raise the bars too much, but they may be acceptable.

• endurodog

Posted April 11, 2003 - 10:45 AM

I'm using them but I just got the adaptor clamp so that I didn't have to mess with everything else that mounts to the triple clamps. The adapter bolts right to your stock clamps.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ogrebelle

Posted April 11, 2003 - 10:54 AM

They have bars that are lower to counteract the raising effect of the universal adapters. For tall guys like me they are great cuz you get additional lift if used with a "regular" height bar and it saves the expense of a new triple.

• foursmoke

Posted April 11, 2003 - 03:24 PM

I am using the Pro-tapers with the Doug Henry bend. I did not replace top triple clamp yet. I used the adapters and like the height. I will replace clamp and add stabilizer later.

• Balcs

Posted April 21, 2003 - 12:24 PM

It works no Problem. I used Honda Mid to compensate the hidth Diff. until protaper makes the new adjustable tripple clamp for the WR, (They are really adjustable) then I will go to Henry Bend. The universal mounts are fine. Motocross action said with the angle of the clamp, the universal bar mounts will make the bars closer to you, but it isn't a big deal.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.