Flooding Problems

No replies to this topic
  • jja125

Posted April 25, 2000 - 08:07 AM

I just got my 426 home about three weeks ago, and it ran fine during it's break in. Sunday night I was warming it up, riding around the house, and it stalled out probably because I left the choke on too long. When trying to restart I noticed it was dumping tons of fuel out of the float bowl drain hose. It wouldn't restart and it is just dumping fuel through the carb every time i turn the gas on. Has anyone had problems with their float getting stuck, or do you think it is a problem with the accelerator pump? We tried tapping on the side of the carb to unstick the float, but nothing happened. I just wanted to know what the most likely problem is before i start taking stuff apart. We noticed it seemed to be dumping a lot of fuel out a couple of other times also, but I just thought it had something to do with getting on and of the gas too quick or too often. I also am afraid after reading other comments on this page that i have the same clutch problems as some of you guys. I have noticed the clutch seems to grab when i pull out in 1st, it almost feels like one of my brakes is sticking, but i know thats not the case. I didn't really get a chance to notice if it went away after warming up. Despite the problems it is a great bike, especially for a four stroke - but it's not too friendly to my yard. Any help would be appreciated.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.