2 W Drive WRF!!!!! holly cow!!! This looks sweet!

9 replies to this topic
  • WR_Jason

Posted April 11, 2003 - 09:04 AM

This is awesome, Yamaha is already racing it and tweeking it, hydrolic front drive by Ohlins!
http://ymedc.introwe...450_2trac.shtml
I dont know if this has been posted already or not so sorry if it has. Nice pictures too, I set one as wallpaper :)

• ThumperWR450F

Posted April 11, 2003 - 09:13 AM

yeah i saw that article a few months ago and i was like damn that's pretty cool !! :)

• Butta

Posted April 12, 2003 - 04:34 AM

I can only imagine what our front tires are going to look like with that kind of technology. That's gonna look like one mean bike.... :)

• Opium

Posted April 12, 2003 - 06:49 AM

Will you still be able to do wheelies? or cat walks?

• MxnDoc

Posted April 12, 2003 - 04:58 PM

Coulda saved my butt going up a hill today! When will they be available to the public? I want one! :D :D :D :D :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dutch

Posted April 12, 2003 - 05:28 PM

There is a 2WD bike on the market now - heck it has been available for a long time. It's called a Rokon, and I have never seen it qualify for the main in a supercross.
That proves to me this is a bad idea.

• sabin

Posted April 13, 2003 - 09:09 PM

It is good for sands and mud, not for supercross where traction is good and weigh is really important.

Imagine with supermoto rims what kind of stopies you can do. If you are going over the bars just gas it :)

• WR_Jason

Posted April 14, 2003 - 09:00 AM

Yeah looks more like a Sand, mud, hill climb enduro bike but with the tech so compact and light, it may be only a year or two before its OEM on the WR line as we see the WR and YZ become more mission specfic bikes.
I bet it would cut the snow pretty well too! :)

• DRZFamily

Posted April 15, 2003 - 03:38 PM

I like that!

• Drew_Seattle_DRZ400s

Posted April 15, 2003 - 03:51 PM

There is a 2WD bike on the market now - heck it has been available for a long time. It's called a Rokon, and I have never seen it qualify for the main in a supercross.
That proves to me this is a bad idea

So, by your reasoning, we should never apply newer, lighter technology to existing designs? That sounds a little strange.... like no design can ever be improved upon.

Anyway, I think it rocks. I wonder how it handles in the corners? Seems like it might induce wash-outs by having to cope not only with the lateral load of cornering, but also the load of acceleration. On the other hand, it is already coping with lateral loads along with braking force. I'd love to give it a test ride.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.