09 yz450 or 2008 rmz450?

23 replies to this topic
  • saccityfire

Posted October 01, 2009 - 02:42 PM

Congratulations. Now get a set of MX31 or 51 tires and a new pipe and you'll be set.

• Crazyzilla

Posted October 01, 2009 - 06:35 PM

Get some of the above mentioned tires, set your sag, bar height, position, compression clickers, an exhaust, and youve got a bike thatll last you the rest of your life.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bryan7469

Posted October 16, 2009 - 05:01 AM

Well, I finally got to ride the new bike last night at practice on a local MX track. WOW! what a difference from my 04 crf450. The suspension is so plush,the power is extremely smooth and this thing corners great. I was able to lean it in the corners with a lot of confidence,it just felt great under me. I was getting some ignition pinging when accelerating out of corners,but that be to the fuel (the dealer I bought it at gave it to me with a full tank-who knows what grade of fuel they put in it). I'm very happy with my purchase-thanks to everyone who helped me out.

• ectm3

Posted January 10, 2010 - 08:32 PM

I ride a 2009 yz450f and love it.My buddy bought the 2008 rmz450 and its also a sweet ride,fuel injection. If you dont like playing with jetting,go with the rmz450 and save yourself the hassle.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.