wr400 handle bars help

2 replies to this topic
  • aaronhoutman

Posted September 28, 2009 - 07:46 PM

I would appreciate some help from you guys. I have a 99' wr400 with the stock Renthal bars still on it. I am 6' 3" and need to get some more height from them. I was going to just use a bar riser, but after reading other threads, I dont think 1.6"(biggest I could find) will be enough. So I am thinking of getting taller handlebars instead, or both.

My question is does anybody know what the stock height bars are for a wr400? I need something to compare to when I am checking out my options. Also, when I look through th online parts catolog, it seem that the bars are catogorized by make of bike. but wont any 7/8" bar fit my bike?

any help would be appreciated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wakin

Posted September 29, 2009 - 08:43 AM

I'm 6'4 & put the Tusk big bar adapter along with PT KX High's on my 2000 WR400. I put the same setup on my 2006 YZ450. It's a good start but you will also want your bars forward, I think GYTR makes a top clamp for that. The next best thing you can do is Fastway footpegs mounted lowboy. People will tell you not to lower your pegs but I have been fine riding Utah's technical singletrack.

• aaronhoutman

Posted September 29, 2009 - 02:29 PM

thats funny you recomend KX high bar, because thats what I just ordered. how much extra height does your bar riser give you?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.