clutch help??????

8 replies to this topic
  • bakeyz426f

Posted September 28, 2009 - 02:43 PM

i put a new lever on my wr426f and ever since i dont think the clutch is engauging all the way. do i just play around with the adjusters? how hard would it be too shift if its not engauging properly?

• eu001939

Posted September 28, 2009 - 10:50 PM

If the clutch doesn't engage completely your clutch plates will continue to slip when you drive, causing premature wear of the plates, overheating and possible fusion of the plates. So I would recommend not to dirve like this.

There should be enough free play on the clutch cable and lever when the lever is not pulled. This guarantees that the clutch is fully engaged. If not, change it with the adjusters

• bakeyz426f

Posted September 29, 2009 - 03:59 AM

it seems to shift good and when the bike is runnning and the clutch is pulled it doesnt feel like the bike is still pulling. it coast fine when the clutch is in while running but when i pull it in when its in gear shut off it seems a little hard to push and it makes a noise when it rocks forward or backward. after it makes that little bump noise it rools fine but it seems a little hard to push it around like that. is that normal? should i not hear any bump noises before it starts roolig?

• bakeyz426f

Posted September 29, 2009 - 07:31 PM

the bike sat a day and now the clutch doesnt seem to be working while the engines off. after it warms up i think it works ok. what to you think is the problem? is it the clutch plates?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bakeyz426f

Posted September 29, 2009 - 08:09 PM

do you guys think it could be the leverage of the clutch? the old one looked bent i replaced. heres the bike when i got it. look at the lver that is on the bike. i took it off and put a yz426f lever on my wr426f. mabye the cable is streched or bad?
Posted Image

• bakeyz426f

Posted September 30, 2009 - 07:42 AM

anybody ever had this probolem before?

• bakeyz426f

Posted October 12, 2009 - 04:10 PM

i cant find neutral while the engine is running and the bike is stopped. does this mean i have a worn out clutch or is this a normal problem? while moving i can get in neutral fine and when the bike is not running its easy to find also.

• ch_250

Posted February 15, 2010 - 02:01 PM

sounds like you just need to adjust your clutch. your maual gives you detailed instructions on how to do it.

• phynx

Posted February 23, 2010 - 10:32 PM

anybody ever had this probolem before?

There are two adjustments. You just replaced the lever, so you had to put in the first adjustment nut. If you didn't mess with the inline cable adjustment I would leave it. A new clutch with springs is about 60 bucks on ebay. Let us know if you get it working.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.