Does anyone know which gas tank I have?

4 replies to this topic
  • Xr650rhonda

Posted September 28, 2009 - 02:37 PM

I have a aftermarket tank for my 05 wr450f and I'm trying to figure out which brand it is ( Clark or Ims) so I can know much gas it holds, a bud told me that all clark tanks have there name in the gas cap and this one does not, so I'm thinking it may be a Ims.
If anyone has one of these and knows the capacity and brand I would really appreciate it!

Posted Image

• zukrider

Posted September 28, 2009 - 04:39 PM

Looks like IMS by the looks of the gas cap and form mold ring at the top. Not sure of the capacity but my 07 hold just over three gallons. Check there web site to be sure on capacity. Its most likely 3.2-3.4 gallons.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dustdogg

Posted September 28, 2009 - 08:02 PM

I would have to go with IMS. The cap is the giveaway. I have a Clarke on my bike and it has the Clarke name molded in the tank.

• DrzDasher

Posted September 28, 2009 - 10:36 PM

ims 3.1gal.

• Xr650rhonda

Posted September 28, 2009 - 10:52 PM

I really appreciate it guys, Thank you! :busted:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.