Did the recall on WR450 fly wheel

3 replies to this topic
  • yamaharichey

Posted April 11, 2003 - 04:47 AM

Just thought I'd let you know I took two WR450's to my dealer, he's a ways away, so he ordered the parts ahead of time and was waiting for me. he did both bikes while I waited, took about three hours. He followed the instructions and said he would suprised if any one had a problem after the fix. while I was waiting they bought me lunch and we sat around and ate Arbys sanwiches and talked dirt bikes. How's that for a dealer. :)

• MorrisWR

Posted April 11, 2003 - 05:57 AM

I thought they were supposed to keep those 450's overnight for the loctite set? I suppose it wouldn't be needed if you just didn't ride the bikes. Hope the fix works. That e-start would be nice.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamaharichey

Posted April 13, 2003 - 10:24 AM

Yea you can't put oil in it or start it for 12 hours.

• TWSimpson

Posted April 14, 2003 - 12:16 AM

Ditto! Took mine in and they kept it overnight to insure that it set. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.