FMF Silencer gasket WR426

4 replies to this topic
  • kiebong

Posted September 28, 2009 - 08:21 AM

Iv got a Yamaha WR426, and need a gasket / joint to fit a FMF Q silencer to the (i assume) original header pipe.
Does anybody know where i can buy one of these?

• GCannon

Posted September 28, 2009 - 09:00 AM

There is no gasket at this joint. it is a slip fit with a rather robust clamp. after proper test fitting I suggest a thin skin of Hi-Temp silicone applied to the male portion of the header pipe. after assemble and clamp tightening, clean residue from the joint. Allow to dry overnight before starting engine.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kiebong

Posted September 28, 2009 - 09:58 AM

Ok maybe i used the wrong word. My header pipe is about 40mm diameter and the diameter of the silencer female connection is about 45-50mm. It needs a sort of sleeve to make up the difference in diameters and seal the joint. I thought there maybe a standard part that you can buy for doing this job.

• maxtherat

Posted September 28, 2009 - 06:37 PM

The ones for 426's I have ever seen are a slip fit like stated before. The newer wr's 07+ have a smaller head pipe that requires a spacer that comes with the silencer. Are you sure it is the correct part #? If it is correct you may need to try the OEM style gasket for the stock silencer.

• kiebong

Posted September 29, 2009 - 01:43 AM

Ok cheers lads, think il order the OEM part today and see if that works

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.