What forks and shock will fit 05 WR450

3 replies to this topic
  • Parx_400

Posted September 27, 2009 - 03:21 PM

Hi Everyone,

What year forks will fit in the clamps of a 05 wr450? I am getting a second set of forks and Shock to set up for supermoto. I have been looking on EBay but don't know what years and models are interchangeable.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted September 27, 2009 - 09:58 PM

You can go with any 48mm wr forks (05-07) and you will be ok. Your brakes and other parts will bolt right up.

The 04 yz450 forks are also the same.

I think you can also go with 05 and 06 yz450 forks. They are different internally, but will bolt right up.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Butta

Posted September 28, 2009 - 05:36 AM

You can go with any 48mm wr forks (05-07) and you will be ok. Your brakes and other parts will bolt right up.

The 04 yz450 forks are also the same.

I think you can also go with 05 and 06 yz450 forks. They are different internally, but will bolt right up.

If you're still running the stock ODO, going with YZ forks will eliminate the little tab you have on the lower right fork that holds the ODO in place. If you aren't using the ODO, no worries....

• Parx_400

Posted October 03, 2009 - 07:34 AM

Any idea what year shock will fit?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.