09 WR 450 shift shaft slop

2 replies to this topic
  • mongial

Posted September 27, 2009 - 03:07 PM

I was on a nasty trail this weekend with a bunch of fallen timber all over the trail. Ended sliding the back end over a large fallen pine and laid it on the tree shifter side down. Shift lever got bent in, and I had no choice but to bend it out. While doing so I noticed that the shift shaft had some in and out play in it. Anyone know if this is normal or did I do some internal damage. Bike shifted and acted fine after the fact, but that is not enough confidence for me:bonk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ohioryder

Posted September 27, 2009 - 04:37 PM

I just went and checked my 08 and it has a little play to it. I'd say maybe an 1/8 or less. Hopefully your good.

• mongial

Posted September 28, 2009 - 04:50 AM

That is what I was hoping to hear. Must use a snap ring or something to lock in. Thanks for the reassurance.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.