Fastest 250 2-stroke?

8 replies to this topic
  • MH434

Posted September 27, 2009 - 11:35 AM

Hi.
I need a little help to pick a bike for my use, and that is just driving around at my farm with my buddies. We drag races, wheelies, jumping and stuff... So I'm out for a hard hitting bike that screams in the mid-top-end range.
My last bike was a 2005 SX 250, but i was kinda disapointed as i barley could keep up with my buddy's 2001 KX 250:( don't get me wrong, the bike was fast, but i missed the top-end hit of my 2003 SX 125!
I'm in for mods that increases top end power!

I'm looking for a used bike 03-08.

• Johnny_On_The_Spot

Posted September 27, 2009 - 11:39 AM

1998 KX250 is an arm ripper for sure. has a BEAST of a powerband:thumbsup:

• KaptainKoolz

Posted September 28, 2009 - 10:55 AM

cr's and kx's make lots of top end...kx more midrange..yz has lots of low, and the rm is decent everywhere, and hits pretty hard..find a good deal on a bike and get a big bore kit :busted:

• JayN

Posted September 28, 2009 - 02:45 PM

kx has a pretty hard hit, takes some getting used to. but i love my 05

• shrubitup

Posted September 28, 2009 - 09:36 PM

The motor may not be the limiting factor in your drag races. :busted:

That said, the CR250R motor has great top end.

• honda230rider

Posted September 30, 2009 - 12:04 PM

You both have 250 2Ts, so they can't be THAT different. I think that you should just focus on your riding, and not worry about a new bike. Are you power shifting in the drag races? Slipping the clutch coming out of a turn? Braking later than your friend? What mods have you added to your current bike?

• MH434

Posted September 30, 2009 - 01:13 PM

Thanks for all the reply's!

We don't run on MX tracks, just open fields and in the woods here at my farm.
In this matter my riding skills are good enough to exploit this bikes fully in a straight line run.

A Honda CR might be an option, Any particular year to look for? Which are the best mods for this bike so I can get a screamer?:busted:

• shrubitup

Posted September 30, 2009 - 03:35 PM

Thanks for all the reply's!

We don't run on MX tracks, just open fields and in the woods here at my farm.
In this matter my riding skills are good enough to exploit this bikes fully in a straight line run.

A Honda CR might be an option, Any particular year to look for? Which are the best mods for this bike so I can get a screamer?:banana:

2005+ was the best motors for the CR250R. That said, a YZ250 with a Pro Circuit platinum pipe will likely pull just as hard/long on top. Snoop around in the Honda 2 stroke section here to see what folks do to setup their CRs. :busted:

Porting and head mods are likely your best mod followed by jetting. Some guys put Keihin PWK carburetors on their CRs. The YZ and I think RM/KX comes OEM with that.

• fender bender 59

Posted September 30, 2009 - 06:06 PM

Personaly I'd get a 01- 03 KTM 250sx then put a 380 cylinder on it making it really close to if not a 360sx.... Now that would be tuff to beat...

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First bike suggestions by Bullock93

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR 400/426/450
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

the irreplaceable carb gasket/oring by Hutch1

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

2 Stroke Enduro for street use/light trail riding? by kershaw

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

New 2014 by MartyMOOSE

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR/YZ 250F
  • Hot  25 replies
Forums
Photo

CR250 Swingarm by 2StrokestheFuture

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   Honda 2-Stroke
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.