06 WR450 - What next? Sell or Keep?

6 replies to this topic
  • stev0

Posted September 27, 2009 - 11:31 AM

My bike recently stretched the timing chain... im assuming its that and it resulted in a pisonslap...

Im hoping I dont need new valves, but if worst comes to worst, should i rebuild to stock form and sell (I have a buyer waiting currently, cash in hand)the bike has done 6000miles.

Or do I fix her up, repaint the frame and engine covers, do some head and cam work, rejet her and ride her another year or so.

Ive been extremely happy with her, im just thinking maybe its time to let er go?

I donnnt knowwww :busted:

what would you do?

• panaman

Posted September 27, 2009 - 12:07 PM

i suppose it just depends on how much money you can afford to catch on fire

• Lcpl0331

Posted September 27, 2009 - 03:59 PM

fix and sell

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stev0

Posted September 27, 2009 - 10:03 PM

fix and sell

Good advice !

• Sider_steve

Posted September 27, 2009 - 10:12 PM

That depends on what a new ride would cost.
what you can get out of yours after it is running.
And how much it will cost to get it running. cam chain is only $17

• stev0

Posted September 27, 2009 - 10:17 PM

Steve, I bought the bike for $5600 (converterd to US$) and ive got an offer of $5350 after a years riding and 6k miles.

• Sider_steve

Posted September 27, 2009 - 10:34 PM

Steve, I bought the bike for $5600 (converterd to US$) and ive got an offer of $5350 after a years riding and 6k miles.

Nice.
Is he taking it as is or do you have to fix it first?
And if you have to fix it can you do it yourself?
I just looked at the parts list for it,not sure if you can get parts as cheap as we can here.
Intake valves were $75 each,exhaust were $90.
Parts are not that bad its the damn labor that kills ya:bonk:
Are you getting a new bike?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.