Vitalmx 2010 YZF450

6 replies to this topic
  • krony506

Posted September 27, 2009 - 10:27 AM

Here is the link, They got some pretty cool pics and info from Budds Creek. I sure do love racing on that track!
http://www.vitalmx.c...aha-YZ450F,2998

• Scoops25

Posted September 27, 2009 - 08:25 PM

Nice!!

• rufusz

Posted September 27, 2009 - 10:28 PM

"Moved the rotating camshaft towards the center of bike..."

I hope he meant crankshaft, or he's just full of b@#^!$

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yz_for_me

Posted September 27, 2009 - 10:32 PM

Good article. Lot's of interesting info on the development of the bike.

• grayracer513

Posted September 28, 2009 - 05:53 AM

"Moved the rotating camshaft towards the center of bike..."

I hope he meant crankshaft, or he's just full of b@#^!$

Really? The crankshaft was not relocated by changing the cylinder inclination. The camshafts were, though, and toward the center of the bike. But I always have agreed that any concern over the gyroscopic effect of the camshaft(s) is vastly over-blown, as they are too light, too small in diameter, and spin too slowly to have a significant effect in that regard.

• rufusz

Posted September 29, 2009 - 02:14 AM

I always have agreed that any concern over the gyroscopic effect of the camshaft(s) is vastly over-blown, as they are too light, too small in diameter, and spin too slowly to have a significant effect in that regard.

That's what I meant. :busted: If the crankshaft would have been moved backwards by a couple of cm, of course not in the engine, but relative to the frame, that would have maybe some (little?) effect.

• grayracer513

Posted September 29, 2009 - 06:40 AM

Since the crank weighs more, moving it any distance would have a greater effect than moving the head, but the head is weight, too, so it does matter that it was shifted rearward. The only part that too big a deal was made of was the gyro effect of the cams.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.