03 wr450f flooding when i fell off

6 replies to this topic
  • wr-razz

Posted September 27, 2009 - 06:17 AM

hello all , have been out playing on my wr today , but have noticed that when i fall off that altho she keeps running , she floods from the float bowl pipe , i`m sure she didn`t do that before . i`ve been told that there is a carb kit to prevent this ????? and ideas please , i`ve taken the carb off and all looks clean and well . thanks

• JDH86

Posted September 27, 2009 - 10:20 AM

That is normal. Does the overflow quit spilling gas once it settles down?

• wr-razz

Posted September 27, 2009 - 11:25 AM

it stops when i put the bike back upright , so thats ok then , phew , plus i`ve found the hot start cable had snapped ( used it today) and found the plunger had seized in the fully open position , maybe this would make it backfire ???? which its done since the last time i used the hot start , but hadn`t twigged . am trying to find a part number for the cable , anyone now it please , this bike is perfect for me n the uk`s super dry n rockhard greenish lanes :busted:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wr-razz

Posted September 27, 2009 - 11:29 AM

Posted Image

• Yamaha_James

Posted September 27, 2009 - 11:45 AM

My TT-R will spew gas out of the over flow if you lean it over, even if it is not running, its anoying.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted September 27, 2009 - 02:50 PM

it stops when i put the bike back upright , so thats ok then , phew , plus i`ve found the hot start cable had snapped ( used it today) and found the plunger had seized in the fully open position , maybe this would make it backfire ???? which its done since the last time i used the hot start , but hadn`t twigged . am trying to find a part number for the cable , anyone now it please , this bike is perfect for me n the uk`s super dry n rockhard greenish lanes :busted:

Sounds like the hot start plunger has seized into the carb. This happens. Sounds like it might be time to take the carb off and give it a good cleaning and inspection.

• wr-razz

Posted September 27, 2009 - 10:39 PM

yep , the hot start plunger was well stuck in the fully up position , just locating a cable , some new tyres going on tomorrow too :busted:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.