what do i need to buy to get my wr426f street legal?

36 replies to this topic
  • panaman

Posted September 29, 2009 - 04:26 AM

hopefully the person on the title signed it then you can just fill your info on it..
you will have to have a friendly notory though.. they usually want both parties present when they notorize titles

• bakeyz426f

Posted September 29, 2009 - 11:37 AM

could i just take it to a bank to get it notorized. there is a notary at my work would i be able to use anny notary and then go to a title place and not have any problems?

• panaman

Posted September 29, 2009 - 01:41 PM

any notory... use some one you know...

• bakeyz426f

Posted September 30, 2009 - 06:35 PM

how do you add a brake light to the tail light? do you have to add more bulbs? added a key ignition today on my bike. want to be street legal soon so i can tear up the town.

• panaman

Posted October 01, 2009 - 03:43 AM

how do you add a brake light to the tail light? do you have to add more bulbs? added a key ignition today on my bike. want to be street legal soon so i can tear up the town.

not sure.. your tail light is different than mine
I wonder if the new type of wr450 rear fender would fit on your bike??/
if it did you could get the siccass racing drc tail light setup like i did.

• bakeyz426f

Posted October 01, 2009 - 03:58 AM

did that add a light bulb to it or just a wire they sell a wire brake light conversion at xr's only.com for 15 bucks. its llooks like two or three wires with a socket at the end of it. it said it would fit my bike.

• panaman

Posted October 01, 2009 - 04:37 AM

i removed my factory tail light and the sicass one just bolts right to my fender and they also have the breaklight switch that plugs right in

• bakeyz426f

Posted October 01, 2009 - 07:41 AM

did you by a new tail light? it come with that kit?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bakeyz426f

Posted October 01, 2009 - 07:47 PM

i read some ones post and the wr426f is susposed to have and extra wire for a brake light switch already. so i just get a switch and wire one of the switches wires to the ground on the brake light which is black and one to the extra brake light wire that is not connected to anything which i think is yellow. then connect the switch socket thing to my bango bolt to replace it. how does that work when the tail light is on as well? does the light get fed more power and get brighter? it doesnt sound like any extra bulbs are needed.

• bakeyz426f

Posted October 02, 2009 - 07:56 AM

will this switch work? are all yamaha banjo bolts m10x1tp? it says they are. is this all i need to make my tail light to a brake light?
http://www.electrosp...-detail-690.php

• wobblyknobby

Posted October 06, 2009 - 01:57 PM

i read some ones post and the wr426f is susposed to have and extra wire for a brake light switch already. so i just get a switch and wire one of the switches wires to the ground on the brake light which is black and one to the extra brake light wire that is not connected to anything which i think is yellow. then connect the switch socket thing to my bango bolt to replace it. how does that work when the tail light is on as well? does the light get fed more power and get brighter? it doesnt sound like any extra bulbs are needed.

Your WR426F is like mine, it has the brake light wire in the tailight socket already. It has a "normal" 1157 bulb. I run an 1157 red led to save power plus it lasts a 100 times longer than a normal filament bulb. I bought my bulb at Advance Auto.

• bakeyz426f

Posted October 06, 2009 - 02:12 PM

where did you get a plate mount? did you put turn signals on yours? i need turn signals front and back and need a good place to buy them. also need turn signal switch

• wobblyknobby

Posted October 06, 2009 - 02:36 PM

where did you get a plate mount? did you put turn signals on yours? i need turn signals front and back and need a good place to buy them. also need turn signal switch

I made my plate mount out of titanium. It would have cracked off 20 times by now if I used aluminum. I ran a small wire from my tailight+ to my rear brake switch and then to the brake light wire in the tailight. I do not have turn signals. I use hand signals. But I live in a fairly lawless area. My setup would not fly in many of the burbs around here. Some good news: WR426F has a very powerful lighting stator. :busted:

• bakeyz426f

Posted October 06, 2009 - 03:01 PM

does ohio require turn signals? i live in beavercreek oh and im not planning on riding on the road much just every now and then.

• thatraptorguy

Posted October 06, 2009 - 07:17 PM

does ohio require turn signals? i live in beavercreek oh and im not planning on riding on the road much just every now and then.

yup there required alright:bonk:

• panaman

Posted October 07, 2009 - 06:45 AM

Ohio Requires the following....
Head Light, Tail Light, Brake Light, Turn Signals, Horn, and one Mirror

You don't need a speedometer... but if you don't have one.. you don't know how fast your going :-)

• wobblyknobby

Posted October 07, 2009 - 10:43 AM

I am looking at buying some nice bright led rear turn signals I found on e bay. I like having signals but I broke my rear signals off. In the front I have yellow leds built into my headlight fairing thing. Biggest challenge is on the rear. I need something bright and compact, but the rear signal cannot stick out, or it will not last a week for me. My turn signal wiring consists of a tiny 12 volt garage door opener battery, wired directly to "kill switches" I use as momentery on/off button that I blink manually. Push=on, release=off. With leds front and rear the battery lasts all season. :busted:

As you can see in the pic, my WR has a small, lightwieght headlight with an H3 55 watt halogen bulb, and the teardrop lenses have yellow led flashers behind them. My whole lighting setup only wieghs a few ounces. My buddy's Kawasaki has a factory KLX headlight with aftermarket flush mount led signals he installed on either side of the headlight.

Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.