MXA crew rides Stewart's "09" Race bike!

5 replies to this topic
  • yz007f

Posted September 26, 2009 - 04:45 PM

This had some interesting information in this test and thought you guys might like to read it! :busted:

http://www.motocross...C6B62045777B528

• Tha Breeze

Posted September 26, 2009 - 05:51 PM

"Stewart says he runs a low rear brake pedal because he doesn't use the brakes. If you can't see by watching him race around the track, then perhaps this fun fact will enlighten you to the idea that James Stewart doesn't use his brakes: He used the same set of front and rear brake pads for the entire Supercross series."

:busted::eek:

• grayracer513

Posted September 26, 2009 - 05:57 PM

Repost

Old News

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=820806

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yz007f

Posted September 26, 2009 - 06:02 PM

Oh sorry gray for the repost..

• e30M3

Posted September 27, 2009 - 06:38 AM

After reading that article I have to laugh a little. First let me say I have always liked MXA and I love my '09 YZ450 so this is strictly a comment about how articles can be a little misleading, even if they didn't intend for it to be.

The article states the list of WORKS parts is minimal and then goes on to say that Yamaha thinks their bikes are race ready in stock form. Both statements are probably true but it kinda implies that Stewart's bike is mostly stock. We all know that no factory bike is mostly stock and by reading the rest of the article this is clearly true. I realize some of the items come down to preference and not because theh part wasn't "race worthy" (such as the foot pegs and the modified subframe). I would assume (and admit I may be wrong) that you could count the major list of unmodified stock parts on your fingers....

Frame, swingarm, rims (and maybe hubs), cylinder (I suspect the head is a GYTR unit which is not stock), and brake calipers.

For the record, I am a Reed fan but do rightly acknowledge James is the fastest rider in the world. I was/is an RC fan but I think if he didn't retire, James would still be faster today. With that said, if James doesn't use his brakes and only goes through one set of pads a year-why does he need an oversized rotor:confused: Did I misread that part?

• Tha Breeze

Posted September 27, 2009 - 10:54 AM

With that said, if James doesn't use his brakes and only goes through one set of pads a year-why does he need an oversized rotor:confused: Did I misread that part?

I know. After reading that I went to his website and on pretty much every corner picture he has his finger on the brake as well as a couple of fingers on the clutch:excuseme:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.