yz timeing foe a wr 426 help

3 replies to this topic
  • motojunkie73

Posted April 10, 2003 - 02:37 PM

i have a 02 wr426 and i want a snappy throttle and higher revs can any one help

• tctrailrider

Posted April 10, 2003 - 03:05 PM

Motojumkie,
This site is for the 250 but its all the same.
www.garlic/~rdkienle/wr250f_free_mods_2.htm

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dodger

Posted April 10, 2003 - 05:15 PM

You can check out Motomans site off the main page too, very consise explenation.

If you havn't already, I'd suggest you go to YZ jetting too. As far as the needle you may need, I can't help you on that unless your at 5K....

Late

Dodger :) :D

• MorrisWR

Posted April 11, 2003 - 06:25 AM

Hey tctrailrider, got rid of that off the line hesitation with the pilot screw adjustment. Dialed in now. It rips off the line now (finally). Guess all my mods at once weren't such a bad idea. :)

Motojunkie, the mods I did in my sig all helped it fly. They are pretty easy if you can take off a carb and use a drill and tap the hole (for BK mod). I can send you more info if you need it. Just PM me. I can even take some pics if you can get them through email. Of course, I haven't done YZ timing or YZ cam but there is information on that also. YZ timing is just a matter of moving your exhaust cam one tooth from what I've seen. My next mod will probably be a YZ needle but it runs so well now, I might wait a while.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.