pilot jet and air jet

5 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 17, 2000 - 03:38 PM

In the manual it says that you should not change the pilot jet without changing the air jet. If I only change the pilot will this affect anything? Has anyone followed this advise?

Thanks
Nick

• Matt_Porritt

Posted April 18, 2000 - 12:29 AM

I changed to a 48 pilot an the fuel screw to 2 1/4 turns.
Runs great and only pops 1 or 2 times per ride.
This answer your question?

------------------
--
**Ride it like you Stole it!**
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F
Rubber Chicken Racing

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 18, 2000 - 07:22 AM

No, in the manual it shows the pilot jet and above that there is a an air jet. Later it states that if you change the pilot jet you should change the air jet at the same time. I know what you mean about the pilot screw/air screw, but it says the AIR JET.

Nick

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matt_Porritt

Posted April 18, 2000 - 10:15 PM

No, in the manual it shows the pilot jet and above that there is a an air jet. Later it states that if you change the pilot jet you should change the air jet at the same time. I know what you mean about the pilot screw/air screw, but it says the AIR JET

Never knew it existed... never heard of it..
No need to play as everyone I know has always gone to 48 pilot and 2 1/4 on fuel screw.
If it ain't broke.........

------------------
--
**Ride it like you Stole it!**
Matt Porritt
99 YZ400F
Rubber Chicken Racing

• Tim

Posted April 19, 2000 - 03:58 AM

Last night, I took the recomendations of the list and put the 48 pilot jet in, I also put in the 165 main, and turned the pilot screw out to 2 turns out. When you guys did this, did you also change the needle height? Just wondering.
Thanks
Tim

• JBM

Posted April 19, 2000 - 05:39 AM

Tim, I made the changes you mentioned, 165 main, 48 pilot and 2 turns out and I didn't change anything else. Mine runs great.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.