clocks lost milage when battery removed.

5 replies to this topic
  • tarragona

Posted September 24, 2009 - 02:51 PM

hi guys, im fairly new to my wr450 and havent realy messed much with the clocks so i hope this isnt actualy a "fault" and just me not knowing what im doing:bonk:
today i disconnected my battery to remove the air box snorkels and when i re-connected it back up my clocks had lost the milage (46.7 miles only) i switched between A and B and they were both on 00000.
is this milage lost forever? has this happened to anyone else?
(bike is a 2009 wr450)

thanks

• RedBull420

Posted September 24, 2009 - 04:28 PM

Your trips will reset just like the clock, but your accumulative milage should remain. Just like if you un-hooked a battery on a vehicle, you'd loose your trips & clock would be blinking but total milage would remain.

• tarragona

Posted September 25, 2009 - 07:15 AM

just checked my clocks again, trip A is on 0.0 and trip B is on 0.0, (these are the only two milage counters i can find. pressed a few buttons with no luck. "race mode" didnt show any milage either.
i think the milage realy is lost

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tribalbc

Posted September 25, 2009 - 07:22 AM

The Canadian ones keep total mileage while the US ones don't. Looks like the UK ones don't as well.

• Wrfrk

Posted September 25, 2009 - 07:43 AM

Odd, I've pulled my battery before and the total miles stayed. I use B for total miles..

• wartsnuff

Posted September 25, 2009 - 09:25 AM

i didn't think there would be any difference. between the electronic dash.. cnd/eur/american???

seem more R & D and cost to do seperate one's

I have 3 counters. 1 odometer and 2 tripmeters. on my CND 08 wr450F

the trips reset when you remove the battery.. but as stated above the odometer does not reset.

strange

cheers
Warts

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.