YZ450F horsepower ratings....

37 replies to this topic
  • Wiz636

Posted September 28, 2009 - 03:55 PM

Speaking of Mike Brown: http://theorc.com/in...irectlink&id=50

I think Sean Reddish is making quite a stretch by calling him the best offroader in the world but hey, he has to promote his series, right?

• FinchFan194

Posted September 28, 2009 - 04:01 PM

Speaking of Mike Brown: http://theorc.com/in...irectlink&id=50

I think Sean Reddish is making quite a stretch by calling him the best offroader in the world but hey, he has to promote his series, right?

Sean Reddish? You some kind of name dropper?:busted:

• grayracer513

Posted September 28, 2009 - 04:13 PM

Next guy who calls someone a douche (or equivalent) gets infracted.

Posted Image

• Streets45

Posted September 28, 2009 - 05:48 PM

haha.. we through around the word douche too much lol.. at least it was in good fun and not hard core bashing.. lmao

Yea, idk about the worlds greatest, but maybe top ten for sure... we would have to pit even more guys than just the worcs series to find out hahaha.. who knows, maybe he would be the winner again lmao

• saccityfire

Posted September 28, 2009 - 08:32 PM

Jeez Streets45, Your post was humorous to me and the replys from others seemed funny as well.

Some of my friends find me funny and occasionally that humor is taken the wrong way. It appears I owe you an apology.

I will attempt to keep all of my posts serious and on point.

Sir, I think the new YZ450F would suit you well. I just got off the phone with Mike and he agreed.

Darnit, sorry for that stupid humor again. I can't help it, I'm a 39 year old Firefighter that acts like a teenage motocross rider from time to time and find it nearly impossible to be so darn serious. I would gladly buy you a beer after a good day of riding however and didn't mean any harm.

Get the YZ! Tell us about it!

:busted:

• shrubitup

Posted September 28, 2009 - 08:49 PM

Doesn't Mike Brown know the HP ratings of the YZ450F through the years?

• FinchFan194

Posted September 28, 2009 - 09:26 PM

Doesn't Mike Brown know the HP ratings of the YZ450F through the years?

Mike Brown? He seems to be more the guy to let you know when to move up to a 450.:busted:

• Streets45

Posted September 29, 2009 - 07:56 AM

lmao guys.. saccityfire.. i know where you are coming from.. i was having a bad day and normally i find the humour in people's comments, just took that one the wrong way haha, i think it was because some people are being " you-know-whats" on other forums...

Anyways, maybe if I'm out in Cali sometime I'll take you up on that offer, hoping to come out there this coming year to race a bit..

I'm sure Brown probably would, lol .. but I'm not in touch with him that much.. now, why i didn't walk my ass into the Yamaha shop and ask kevin, i don't know... lmao

Yes, i am thinking about going for the new Yamaha, Im gonna try and talk Kevin into letting me take a hot lap or 10 on his when he gets it lol...

I'll let everyone know what I think of it when I ride it, and of course more if I buy it.

• saccityfire

Posted September 29, 2009 - 01:52 PM

Shoot me a message and we'll ride Streets45! Please don't run me over though...I have and fully deserve yellow backgrounds. Glad to see you laughing.

Scot 565s

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Streets45

Posted September 29, 2009 - 02:52 PM

lol... isn't yellow B class though?

• nephic

Posted September 29, 2009 - 11:24 PM

lol... isn't yellow B class though?

Ah, some day...yellow backgrounds...someday...

• saccityfire

Posted September 30, 2009 - 07:54 AM

Is there a D class? Out here in California yellow is considered 'B' class only if you're riding a 450 and competing against those in the XR and PW50 class. Otherwise it would be semi-slow (novice) old guys (sorry and no offense to the actual old guys).

I just got the plates cause they were my last set of race plates in the Sierra OTHG and I have sworn to my fiance' that I won't race any more (she wants me to though and I'm pretty sure she has a nice life insurance policy on me).

I gotta go now cause I am fitting a Honda steering damper (HPSD) to my bike this morning (after the dream I figured this was the only way to make it reality). I will take pics of the mods if anyone is interested.

• Streets45

Posted September 30, 2009 - 09:23 AM

O... well.. I live in Tennessee obviously lol... the Thor Mega series doesn't really require a specific number plate color... most people typically run the white or black according to 450 or 250 class.. etc...

The only color plates I know of other than worcs and motocross/supercross, is the Loretta Lynn's... which is White background for A class, Yellow for B, and black for C... lol

• tnat1

Posted September 30, 2009 - 11:36 AM

The '03-'05 produced roughly 47-48 hp. The '06 usually posts 48-49.5. The '07 was about 0.5-1.0 higher than that, and the '08 will push against 52.

The difference is in the power delivery and management throughout the rev range, and the comparison between the '03 and the '06 will show you how wrong a "butt dyno" can be when the two bikes are run side by side on pavement.

What would the 08' with a DRD full pipe and properly jetted run around? My )8 feels like a pig compared to my 06'. I got guys blowing by me on the straights like im standing still when racing supermoto, when last yr on my 06 with a two brothers slip on i could hold my own. any suggestions?

• erickdj

Posted September 30, 2009 - 01:35 PM

What would the 08' with a DRD full pipe and properly jetted run around? My )8 feels like a pig compared to my 06'. I got guys blowing by me on the straights like im standing still when racing supermoto, when last yr on my 06 with a two brothers slip on i could hold my own. any suggestions?

Top HP with the full exhaust will probably stay at 52, but the delivery will be much better, specially down low.

• Numba68

Posted September 30, 2009 - 02:09 PM

Sounds like you should sit more forward on the seat when you go into the corners.

• grayracer513

Posted September 30, 2009 - 04:00 PM

Peak doesn't change much, but the dip in the 2nd and 3rd quarter of the torque curve is removed, and the bike accelerates much better through the mid range.

• rdefonce

Posted October 01, 2009 - 08:39 AM

Peak doesn't change much, but the dip in the 2nd and 3rd quarter of the torque curve is removed, and the bike accelerates much better through the mid range.

Powerbands are sorta like the housing market.
Like they say, the three most important factors are . . . LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.:busted:

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.