YZ 426F help

6 replies to this topic
  • wheelywheelyfast

Posted September 24, 2009 - 06:31 AM

Hey guys i have an 02 YZ 426f and i am looking to make it more competable for enduro but also keep it as a motocross bike, some of the extras i have on now are an oversized rad, devol rad guards, fork seal savers, a big 52 tooth rear sprocket, enzo forks, fat bars, moose skid plate, Twin Air vent hose filter kit, um i think thats it, well other then my plastics, etc, any tips on how to make it better for hard off orad enduro racing ? and also being able to hit the track, any tips, tricks, parts and pics would help, thanks, hope to soon have pics of my bike up

• cowboyona426

Posted September 24, 2009 - 06:42 AM

Sounds like a dang good head start to me! For enduro racing I would get some wrap around style handguards like the Acerbis Rally Pro or Cycra handguards, but make sure to get a triple clamp mount or some other mounting system and not those cheesy mounts that just clamp around the bars. A flywheel weight might help too, but I never ran one on my old 426 (I just had really low gearing... 13/52).

• wheelywheelyfast

Posted September 26, 2009 - 03:41 PM

I was thinking about hand guards, i looked at those models and they look decent, does anyone have them on their bike ? i believe i have the same gearing as you, its perfect for the trails and enduros, great power down low and high

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • keegan1014

Posted September 26, 2009 - 04:03 PM

13-52 was good on my 426 until I hit big hill climbs full of loose rocks
all it did was dig ruts and got me stuck.
14-52 is where I am now

• cowboyona426

Posted September 26, 2009 - 04:21 PM

I was thinking about hand guards, i looked at those models and they look decent, does anyone have them on their bike ? i believe i have the same gearing as you, its perfect for the trails and enduros, great power down low and high

Yes, your gearing right now is the same as mine. For handguards, I run Acerbis Rally Pros with (no longer available) GYT-R triple clamp mounts. They are very sturdy and work well. On my old 426 I had to cut the balls off the end of my levers, but on my 06 the levers clear just fine. I have some pics somewhere I can dig out if you'd like.

• wheelywheelyfast

Posted September 28, 2009 - 02:25 PM

Yes, your gearing right now is the same as mine. For handguards, I run Acerbis Rally Pros with (no longer available) GYT-R triple clamp mounts. They are very sturdy and work well. On my old 426 I had to cut the balls off the end of my levers, but on my 06 the levers clear just fine. I have some pics somewhere I can dig out if you'd like.

Yea that would be great, if they dont make them mabye i can find a used pair, or something simular

• cowboyona426

Posted September 28, 2009 - 03:19 PM

Cycra makes a good triple clamp mount, I'm not aware of any others on the market. I'll snap some photos of my setup tonight.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.