I Was There... 2010 YZ450F Launch

4 replies to this topic
  • Limelight

Posted September 23, 2009 - 02:17 PM

Watched your 2010 450F in action yesterday at the "world wide launch". Yamaha rented an entire east coast track for a few days and brought in all the major magazine guys. They had about a dozen of the bikes in action (white and blue). They let me hang out and watch for about 5 hours. Got to see all the bikes up close, watch all the guys ride, etc. I think you'll be pleased with the machine. Highlight for me was watching Dubach hold off Lutes and Trickle for about 6 laps. They make it look so easy. Also noted that Ron Lawson (Dirt Bike) can ride really well and does a super nice whip. It was funny to hear the major mag guys talk about the bikes and discuss whom back at the "office" would "get to keep it".

Thanks to the track owner (super nice guy) and Yamaha for letting me watch.:busted:

• adamdf

Posted September 23, 2009 - 02:31 PM

Cool! Any pics?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Limelight

Posted September 23, 2009 - 05:43 PM

No pics. I didnt want to abuse it or be intrusive. Its not everyday that you get to attend a major platform roll-out. I was on business travel (completely unrelated) and arranged to drive by this track just to see it. I was shocked to find the gate wide open and all the Yamaha fan fare - full factory 18 wheeler, tents, track banners, multiple box trucks, currier vans, tailgate style cookout, dining area, on site medical crew, nothing left undone. Yamaha did a real nice job. They had the 12 or so bikes to ride, some with the various major Magazine stickers on them, some dedicated to the Yamaha factory test guys and two on display - one with factory mods and the other stock with the seat and tank up so you could look down at the new engine and get good pics of the new motor, EFI, ehaust, etc. No other spectators were present. Just me, a random Vet C guy happened to be driving past so they let me hang and I stayed out of their way. Ron Lawson drove up and parked next to me after more than a dozen laps and I complimented him on his whip. It was a great overall experience.

• ah665

Posted September 23, 2009 - 07:08 PM

very cool. that wouldve been something to see. awesome! im surprised more randoms werent there tryin to hang out tho

• yz_for_me

Posted September 24, 2009 - 04:09 PM

Cool! Talk about being at the right place at the right time. Nice work!

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.