Rear Rack

11 replies to this topic
  • yrun

Posted September 23, 2009 - 11:42 AM

Anyone out running who uses their WR450 for dual sporting running a rear rack? If so anyone using the promoto billet rack?
TIA

• zukrider

Posted September 23, 2009 - 04:59 PM

I have the PMB rack and love it. Its all cut out of solid billet aluminum and is strong and high quality. I don't duel sport but it's nice on long rides.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• c9buff

Posted September 23, 2009 - 06:10 PM

That looks like a great place to ride.

buff

• protondecay123

Posted June 17, 2012 - 09:04 PM

This looks like a great rear rack for Dual Sporting a WR450

• GlennR

Posted June 18, 2012 - 06:53 AM

Posted Image

I really like mine. It's sturdy and looks great. But I have to admit that I have not really carried a load on it yet.

• n16ht5

Posted June 18, 2012 - 08:51 AM

I really like the PMB racks like you guys have.. had two on my old XRs. They are really tough. Be careful with your subframe though.. The rack can take loads of weight, but not the subframe.

the PMB rack on my old XR650L... rode through AK with my wife 2up.. when I got home my subframe was cracked (luckily it was steel so I welded it back up and gusseted it)
Posted Image
Posted Image

I can't decide if I want the Cycleracks one or the PMB.. the cycleracks looks ugly but it takes the stress off the subframe for the larger loads. the PMB is super light and is better for lighter loads. HMMM

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • protondecay123

Posted June 18, 2012 - 02:36 PM

What I'm thinking is Cycle Racks with Rotopax 1 gallon on each side for a total of 4 gallons gasoline capacity. Got a Great Basin Giant Loop Bag to place in front of the rack for Saddlebag. I'm about to take delivery of a 2012 WR450.

• firejosh

Posted August 18, 2012 - 07:28 PM

Did you ever go with the cycleracks? If so let us know what you think...and of course some pics please.

Thanks

• DeepPurplishBlue

Posted August 19, 2012 - 07:36 AM

I have the PMB rack also and love it... great rack. only downside is the price. not cheap!

if you only need some light carrying capability and need a better price, this one doesn't look too
bad for only $79:

Posted Image

http://www.seatconce...product=8231417

• protondecay123

Posted August 20, 2012 - 01:54 PM

The frame on the 2012 is different by less than an inch for two mounting points. I'm contacting cycle racks to work something out.

• MANIAC998

Posted August 20, 2012 - 06:43 PM

Giant Loop has some saddlebags that are a great option too.
Maniac

• Dube2

Posted August 24, 2012 - 08:34 AM

I like both of these, but I could barly get my fat ass over my fender bag as it is. So I have to keep the canvas bag mounted to my plastic fender till I drop some lb's. damnet all to hell anyways...

Posted Image

I really like mine. It's sturdy and looks great. But I have to admit that I have not really carried a load on it yet.

I have the PMB rack also and love it... great rack. only downside is the price. not cheap!

if you only need some light carrying capability and need a better price, this one doesn't look too
bad for only $79:

Posted Image

http://www.seatconce...product=8231417

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.