06 WR450 stock exhaust question

2 replies to this topic
  • dadspants

Posted September 23, 2009 - 07:31 AM

Hi all,

I was hoping someone could advise me! I have a wr450 06 with standard 06 exhaust but someone previously has removed the end pipe pee shooter thing and spark arrestor. The bike has loads of power and runs fine, unfortuneatly it’s a little loud for me and I am looking to re-install the baffle/end pipe. No i am not getting old ! LOL

This is how it looks with only the silver end cap removed. http://cid-f3764d65c...ic/Image162.jpg

My friend has made me a new end pipe/baffle 38mm Pee shooter PBM style :busted: The same as item No 10 in this picture. http://cid-f3764d65c...42^_exhaust.jpg

He is good and I will also add a home made spark arrestor !!!

My question is do I pack with exhaust wadding the chamber around the spark arrestor, or leave it empty – was it packed when it was new ?

Many thanks and great forum.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • init ref

Posted September 23, 2009 - 11:24 AM

There is no packing in the pipe around the sparky. There is packing behind mesh around the perimeter of the can inside but it's not accessible without pulling the canister apart so it's probably stillin there. In other words, just put on a sparky and tip.

Thanks for making/keeping your bike nice and quiet(er).

Loud pipes close trails (and really don't go any faster...)

• dadspants

Posted September 23, 2009 - 11:46 PM

Many thanks for the info. I also agree with keeping the noise down, here in the UK it causes problems.

Once again thanks for the reply.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.