no compression, cant kick start my 2004 kx250f only push start it

3 replies to this topic
  • kasper37

Posted September 22, 2009 - 04:43 PM

I just bought a 2004 kx250f. He said the engine/valves were all just rebuilt. It was a little hard to kick start, took some getting use to after riding a 2 stroke. But when i would get it top dead center then kick it usually worked fine. But about a 1 hour/1 1/2 into my first time out riding it it was getting hard to start and had to push start it. Alot of times when I slowed down it would die. But compression wasn't that bad and road fine when it was going. After I got home and the next weekend I was getting ready to go ride I wanted to make sure it would start and there was no compression. Now I can't kick start it, only push start it. I checked everything but cannot figure out what it is. When we kicked no air sucked in the exhuast and no air blew out of the carb. took oil fill plug out kicked it with thumb over hole to see if there was blow by air from the piston and there was not excessive pressure. Carbs were cleaned out good. Disconnected air box from filter in case it wasnt gettin enough air. I called the guy i bought it from, told him whats up, he three wayed his mechanic, we went through all the same steps we checked. he called some buddies and they said that since the engine was rebuilt and i took it out it broke in the engine and now it set. So to do a valve adjustment/shim. Does that sound right ande what do i need to do to get back out riding? Regards chris.

• the white stallion

Posted September 22, 2009 - 06:46 PM

Step#1:http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=335909

Step #2:http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=461811
He could have replaced the valves with out cutting the seats.
Do you know how old that piston is?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kasper37

Posted September 22, 2009 - 07:33 PM

he said it was all new..so i rode it about 3 hours

• kasper37

Posted September 22, 2009 - 07:53 PM

thanks..that will help out alot and save me some $...alot of people say that after you have to shim your valves its going to keep happening...is that tru and do you think what he is saying about the new engine setting tru

Related Content

Forums
Photo

What is the best size big bore for 250f ?.. by Johnnywadd739

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Kawasaki   KX250F
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo
Ohio

Trying to start my 2007 kx 250f by Motocross325

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Midwest
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

250 4t's vs 125 2t's by Maatt25

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • Hot  62 replies
Forums
Photo

'15 YZ250f vs. '15 KX250f by Bryan.711

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 18 replies
Reviews

Kawasaki KX250F 2014 by Michael499

Kawasaki KX250F 2014
  • 2 reviews
  • Last review by Michael499
  • On October 13, 2014

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.