426 exhaust on 400

3 replies to this topic
  • OrangeMan73

Posted September 22, 2009 - 11:51 AM

I've gotten the general idea that a 426 exhaust will fit my 98 yz400, but I want to be positive before I buy something I'm looking at. I did some searching, but nobody says it outright, and I can't find a local yamaha dealer who can answer my question. So outright, will a yz426 exhaust (fmf titanium 4) fit a yz400f? Thanks a lot.

P.S. Nice call Gray on the 30mm steering stem bolt. Called (the same) yamaha dealer and they told me 32mm... but I went on my instinct and listened to you. Thanks man!

• kjwarren

Posted September 22, 2009 - 12:02 PM

I recently sold a 426 header pipe to a guy with a 400 he said that it lined up and bolted on fine and was actually better then his 400's head pipe because the bend was different. Im not sure about the silencer tho...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cowboyona426

Posted September 22, 2009 - 12:17 PM

It will fit fine... the frame and engine didn't change at all (except for the bore of the cylinder).

• grayracer513

Posted September 22, 2009 - 01:16 PM

P.S. Nice call Gray on the 30mm steering stem bolt. Called (the same) yamaha dealer and they told me 32mm... but I went on my instinct and listened to you. Thanks man!

The '06 and later is 32mm.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.