Randomly easy to kick. tinging sound.

No replies to this topic
  • Dantek11

Posted September 22, 2009 - 09:27 AM

Hey Guys! Sorry to ask yet another question. I just recently got my bike back from the shop. They put hotcams a head gasket new cam tensioner and such into the bike. They told me that my plating was somewhat wearing out but i should be able to get the rest of the season out of it. I rode the bike for about 3 hours and took a break. When i tried to restart the bike it suddenly became extremely easy to kick over. Almost like i had the decompression lever held open while i was kicking. (i got hotcams so i have auto decompression but it was never this easy to kick) The bike would still start just fine when it was that easy and run good. I shut it down to take another break and it was once again somewhat hard to kick the bike over. I rode again for another hour and then i started to hear a bit of a tinging sound in the engine and immediately shut it down and pushed it to the truck.

Do i need a valve adjustment? what else can cause the random easy kicking and tinging sound? Thanks again guys! :busted:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.