Product review for the new Terry Cable tire irons.

3 replies to this topic
  • Bryan

Posted April 11, 2000 - 06:43 AM

I can't believe I've used those crappy Moose tire irons for so long. No WONDER I've been pinching tubes!

These Terry Cable tire irons have great handles. I didn't even bother using gloves. With my Moose irons, I had to use gloves to prevent my hands from getting gouged.

Plus, the tips have sort of an 's' bend to them. The bend at the tip that bites into the tire is pretty small. So there is almost no chance of pinching the tube. But, it also bends slighly the other way to give you the option of grabbing more bead.

And they seem strong. I've bent cheaper tire irons in the past. I really cranked on these babies and they flex just barely but won't bend.

If you change your own tires, with out a doubt, I now consider these a MUST HAVE! They are only 12 bucks each with is about what I paid for my Moose irons. Did I mention that those are crappy?

My tire went on easier last night than any other I've ever changed. And it was fairly cool in my garage and the rubber was a little chilled (50 degress or so). However, the Terry cable irons aren't the kind you would want to pack on a trip. They are a little bulky for that.

• Chris_in_the_Mojave

Posted April 11, 2000 - 12:20 PM

Thanks for the info...

Now that I'm a tire changer I need to know about stuff like this! :)
( puff chest out and do your best "Tim Allen" grunt)

Where'd you buy'm, I think I need a couple!

Chris in the Mojave
'98 YZ400F

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bryan

Posted April 11, 2000 - 04:28 PM

Hey Chris! Sup?

I actually found it at the local dealer! Amazing since the dealers around here can only ORDER good things for you! I got my Terry Cable Hot start the same day.

You don't have to sound like Tim Allen with this tire iron. It makes things much easier than when I used those Moose tire irons.

• Chris_in_the_Mojave

Posted April 12, 2000 - 06:22 AM

Local Dealer? Don't get me started, I found out last night that he ripped off my wife, charged her $134 for my E-line CF skid Plate she bought my for my B-day! HE's supposed to be giving us 15% off retail, I've bought 3 bikes from this guy.....I'm buying mail order from now on...screw'm.

Okay,sorry for the rant, I feel better now :)

Chris in the Mojave
'98 YZ400F

Related Content

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.